1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Corruption v FIFA votes

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Mind the gap!, May 30, 2015.

1. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

image.jpg
    Top map is a latter V Ali votes
    Bottom is corruption map

Very conclusive

smhbcfc likes this.
  2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Why's America on the top map twice?
    And looking at the corruption map South America is very high but they voted against Blatter?

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Just look at the map and tell me honestly that you don't also see the most corrupt countries on the planet. I'm glad that Canada saw the light but unfortunately the ultra corrupt ruled the day, but for how long is anyone's guess.

Sad to see that all this happened just as Canada is about to host the Women's World Cup Finals.

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Interesting that Spain voted for Blatter

5. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Eskimo no voters in Antarctica ****ing us over!

6. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

For me the interesting thing with the maps (and good work MTG) is that virtually all of South America and Europe voted for Prince Ali
    The potential for those blocks, that are effectively where the best players and biggest clubs are situated, to challenge FIFA is there

I thought Prince William spoke very well about FIFA in his pre Cup Final speech

7. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Blatter has been an absolute cancer to the game but his chumminess with lesser countries, most of whom are known to be politically corrupt, has ensured he stays at the helm. It's extremely sad.

I would be more than supportive of UEFA pulling out of FIFA and hopefully others would follow. The FA can't go it alone - we may have one of the most prestigious domestic leagues but the national team would not be missed at the World Cup. Now if the Germans, French, Dutch, USA, Brazil etc followed, completely different matter.

As stated above, strange and concerning that Spain apparently backed Blatter??

This story has legs and will run for some time. I sincerely hope that Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 do not go ahead without a boycott. With Russia's incursions into Ukraine, it beggars belief that a World Cup could even be considered there.

Agree with you Mike - this overshadows the FIFA Women's World Cup. I was hoping to take my daughter to see England and the USA but those plans have been scuppered with the USA based way out west and England based in bloody Moncton??? What the hell is there to do in Moncton???

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

France voted for Blatter, as Qatar is heavly connected to the French industry. Also UEFA ain't squeaky clean as who did Platini vote for when the Qatar idea was up for vote?
    His son is high up in PSG who are backed by a Qatar company.

Scrap the lot of them. Have fans representatives from all 92 clubs as a association. Plus the same in all the other countries. Also 72 against 20 prem clubs will see a majority looking after the smaller clubs. It will never happen but nice to dream.

9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Not much actually Tampa but out here on the far West Coast things are way better.