1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Costa Dropped

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by luvgonzo, Jan 14, 2017.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Exactly. He's the best forward in the world we could realistically get. I think both Mancs will go for him as well though.

We really shouldn't entertain selling this window though. We are in a good position in the league and Costa will probably not jeopardise that once he's had time to think and the window has closed.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agree. We have no need to, I would let him have the wage he wants, as long as he signs a pre contract agreement with a Chinese club that means he ****s off for £60-70m in the summer and we can get a replacement.

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

It's a really weird one. He's been so good this year and we are so well placed. To start dicking around now is such poor timing. I'm sure if the Chinese want him now, they will still want him in June. If it all true, he has really let his team mates down with this. Apparently he is a really nice guy off the pitch as well.

Hopefully we reach an agreement and move on for the rest of the season. We certainly won't win the league playing false 9's every week IMO.

If when he goes, better make sure we get enough to get in a top class replacement (and ideally a bit younger too). Griezman, Morata and Icardi are possible targets and all younger.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

It's probably his representatives.
    They were probably approached by a Chinese club and offered a stupid amount of money in signing on fees and wages and they have turned Costa's head.
    Like I said, for sake of peace, offer to increase his wage slightly, if he signs with a Chinese club NOW, to start in June, as long as are appropriately compensated to the tune of £70m. If Oscar is worth £60m Costa is probably worth £100m going by that rate, but I would be happy with 70.
    Make the most of this Chinese spree before FIFA put paid to it.

5. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

"IF" there is some sort of problem here i'm sure Conte will do the best thing for the club.
    Personally i think there may be more to that little costa/pedro flare up than i thought.
    Also think Conte is a fan of pedro.

6. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Ive given this some thought! Costa has clearly earned himself plaudits as one of the Prems greatest strikers, if not THE greatest.
    For all his achievements he gets paid a miserable £150,000 a week. How the hell is he expected to live on that?.
    Get real Roman-- the boys got to be worth 10 times that!

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Poor sod, We should organise to take the hat around for him at home games !!

Lovearsenalcock and Blueman like this.
  8. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Now I also heard that the reason Costa was training on his own was that the rest of the first team squad were given the day off and he is training to recover fitness.

If this is the truth it puts a completely different spin on what is actually happening. I fully expect Costa to leave at the end of the season but I think he deserves a bit more credit that what he's being given. It's a shame if he does though as he has the potential to be a Chelsea legend. Unfortunately it seems as though he is happy to be a mention in the footnotes.

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

sky are reporting that the Chinese club have now removed their interest as a new rule has passed further limiting the number of foreign players a Chinese team can have in their match day squad.

Looking increasingly likely he won't be going anyway this window and now needs to buckle down and fire us to the title.

If he does this, he is welcome to leave in my eyes and we should now be looking to secure a top striker for next season. Swap deal for Griezmann anyone?!

10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If all the reports are to be believed, he is going to Man U. Definitely worth a bid though.

11. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I don't believe that. He didn't exactly have a great relationship with Jose. What makes you think it would be any different this time?

12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Didn't realise he had a bad time with Jose. Time will tell though.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He was talking about Griezman not Costa. Costa wont be sold to United obviously.

Costa trained with the first team today apparently.

14. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

News is out, the boys back in training with the squad and giving everyone a big cuddle! Storm in a teacup ?????

15. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Just like I said, made up news. Costa and Ched Evans are due an apology from some quarters.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Think there might have been something to this scenario, but as is often the case, when the "Agent" at the heart of the matter, and the Club is offering a contract extension and new deal, then I smell a rat.
    Absolutely no idea just who the rat is here.

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Not going to get bogged down in gossip. Club stance is he had a back injury and as long as the lad comes back and plays how he did first half of the season then i'll support him as normal. He's a hell of a player and we need him firing if we're going to win the league. Let's worry about what the summer then brings in the summer :)

Bodinki likes this.
  18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agree 100%
    As long as he is back against Hull and continues banging in the goals, I dont give a flying **** what the red tops say.
    Conte says he was injured and I have no credible reason to think otherwise.

19. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

For me it is just further proof that the lizard aliens are actively on Earth and determined to destroy the Premiership so when they overthrow human dominion they can replace it with their own national sport of combat polo.

20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Blimey!.......