1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Cotterill blast for Orient

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 4, 2015.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bad Manners - Bad Play - Badly Mannered Manager..

Cotts Complaints..

* They play bad football..
    * They don't shake hands..
    * Manager really needs to learn manners..
    * So called sprinklers breaking down was a load of rubbish..
    * Play very poor, predictable football..

please log in to view this image

Steve Cotterill: Critical of Orient style.

Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill was scathing about Leyton Orient after his side's 3-1 win edged them closer to promotion.
    Relegation-threatened Orient had gone ahead after four minutes through Chris Dagnall but the visitors were soon back on level terms through the inspirational Luke Freeman.
    They went ahead through central defender Aden Flint, who ran onto a Freeman set-piece to head home from close range.
    City's Aaron Wilbraham put the game to bed on the hour with his 18th goal of the campaign, but Cotterill had plenty to say about the opposition and their manager Fabio Liverani.
    "It was a really pleasurable win. We don't have too many pleasurable wins, they are unusually just good wins," he said.
    "I wouldn't want to play football like they play. It's direct, it's a fight, everything's a second ball, they don't shake hands at the end of the game and the manager needs to learn some manners if he's going to manage over here.
    "They watered the pitch at half-time but only the end that they were attacking, not the other end - so called sprinklers breaking which was a load of rubbish.
    "So yes, it was a pleasurable win tonight.
    "They are always mental and physical battles but I thought the referee did well tonight, he didn't miss a lot.
    "We went a goal behind due to a mistake but such is the bond that we've got and the team spirit that we've managed to get ourselves what, in the end, I thought was a comfortable win.
    "I thought that they were very predictable in the second half and thought that we dealt with it very well. The third goal was obviously key when it was 2-1 because with the amount of balls they are just whacking into your box, there is always a chance something can drop to them.
    "They have got some good players, it's just a shame they have to play like that."

Orient boss Liverani took heart from his team's performance despite their defeat.
    "I am pleased with the performance of my team and after that display, I am even more convinced that we will avoid relegation if we can keep playing like that," he insisted.
    "Bristol City are first in the table and have very good players but the difference was that they had three chances and scored from each of them. So well done to them but we've created chances throughout and we were right in the game until the end. Unfortunately, the ball didn't break for us. Yes we lost but I am very pleased with the performance.
    "We had a good start and even when we fell behind, we kept playing good football both with the ball and physically. After this performance, I am convinced that we are on the right track.
    "I have learned in this league that everyone can take points off everyone and after what I have seen from my team in the last 15 or 20 days, I am much more convinced that we can avoid relegation.
    "I think that we have made progress in the three months since I've been here in terms of performance. We know each other much better and I think we are more confident than we were and the team reacts a lot better to a loss."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9743593/cotterill-blast-for-orient

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

there was a thread that covered teams and fouls / shots saves

I commented it was about Aggression ..last night followed quite well City non aggressive! but won 3-1 had less play, less shots and won, well done defence and ATTACK!

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't think managers should say things like that.
    Think it by all means, but keep it behind closed doors.

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The same trick they pulled last season when their ground was deemed unsafe......and it just so happened that they had loads of injuries at that time so got a postponement.

And we still beat them when the game was played

Small club, small minded attitude