1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Could going down to the championship be the best thing for us?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Apr 25, 2016.

1. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought you had been brainwashed into joining the Captain's cult until that last line.

2. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

Most people must surely accept that, baring an absolute miracle, we are relegated. Its only a matter of when, not if.

Rafa will go. The club will not want to pay a manager £5mill for a start, so NUFC will almost certainly trigger that clause. Ashley wont be putting any more money in. He's already said exactly that. So it will be down to the skill of the 'footballing board' to wheel and deal and off load dead wood whilst identifying talent, both proven or otherwise that will allow us to mount a credible promotion push. They also need to secure the services of a manager that is well versed in the nitty gritty of the Championship and knows how the grind out a result on those ubiquitous 'January night in wherever..........' games.

So bearing in mind the owner that we have and the footballing board that we have.......................... I'm sure we will be fine!!!

Warmir Pouchov and JakartaToon like this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

But but but it isn't football unless its the PL, there is no point in supporting the club if we are not playing the like of Man C, Arsenal, Leicester...

I think it is only prudent as fans that we all start making contingency plans to support another side.

4. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

The only future is us surviving.

People who say we will bounce back & come back stronger than ever are insane.

5. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

No guarantees we won't come back stronger, we could go down and be a Swansea or Leicester when we go back up, though equally we could go down and be the next Bolton or Leeds. That is exactly why I am not a believer it will be best as the reality will be somewhere in the middle.

6. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

More like Blackburn, no manager, and mickeymouse owners.

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

No, going down is not the best thing. Being relegated will never be the best thing!

If we do go down though and Rafa wants to stay then no we will not activate the release clause. MA backed us last time to get back up and would do the same this time. Would only require us to sell one **** player to pay his years contract.

8. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

Well, the Premier League is no longer the thing. They've brought in the European League via the back door by having the Champions League open to the usual suspects. And it seems that if one's team isn't in that then the 'lifelong' fans will follow one of the other teams who are.

Like all the new 'lifelong' Man City fans which used to be 'lifelong' Arsenal fans which became, fleetingly, 'lifelong' Chelsea fans.

Yours, etc., getting pissed off with what was once a great game for the common man.

9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Man, I could write for hours on end about the destruction of football. There's such a vapid emptiness to pundits now gushing about Bayern, or Barca, or Real I don't think any of them believe the hype anymore, they only spew it to ride the fcking gravy train.

I mean all of it's stupid. Who wants to watch the same teams winning stuff over and over and over again? Even the fans get tired, hence the restlessness when things don't quite go their way ("sack Mourinho", "sack Wenger", "sack LVG"). It's a tired concept and what is hugely ironic is Leicester/Spurs freshening it up has been greeted with "erm, yeah, great" rather than "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVERRRRR".

Everybody gets it's an advertising vehicle, right? I mean, we couldn't be much more removed from a working class sport if top hats were introduced to the kits. My personal interest has waned, from once watching it all back in the 80's and early days of Sky, to then tuning out to large portions and only watching the odd match, up to now where I can barely drag my hairy ass to watch NUFC on a live HD stream I subscribe to!