1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Crystal Palace v Hull City AFC - Team news

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 11, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Harry up first...

“We’ve trained well ahead of going to Palace and we’re all up for what is a big game.”

“We know it’s going to be tough, but we’ve got a great group of lads here and we’ll give our all to get the three points we need.”

“Under Marco, we’ve tried to win every game. We've had a lot of chances away from home but we haven’t capitalised.”

“We'll be going into the next game the same way we have done the others - looking to win the game.”

“Personally, it’s been a pleasing season, but keeping Hull City in the Premier League is massive. I want to keep the club up.”

“Not many would have predicted the results last weekend but who says the same won't happen this weekend.”

Harry says contract talks are on hold at the moment and he's fully focused on keeping City in the Premier League (no contact re playing for England).

Marco up now...

“It’s not good news about Marković’s injury. He has been an important player and did good things for our team since he came.”

“I believe we can get the results we need. It’s been a difficult week, but we are ready to go Palace and try to win the game.”

“The players have worked hard during the week. We have analysed the last game and we know what we need to improve.”

“Sunday’s game is like a final for us. We have to believe and this is the most important thing.”

“Omar Elabdellaoui has been back in training and is available for selection for Sunday’s game.”

The end.

2. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Heard Townsend has an achilles injury, news anyone..?

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Allardyce's thoughts...

"The pressure lies on Hull. They have to win the game, we have to draw it," said Allardyce. "If we are defensively very sound and solid, like we were against Arsenal (in last month's 3-0 win), we are bound to create some chances at home and hopefully score.

"We play not to lose - that is the key element. It's been extremely difficult in the last three games. Hold your nerve on Sunday for one and make sure you produce your best performance and if that's good enough, then that's great.

"There is Hull we need to compete against, and the size of the game. Whoever deals with the pressure better is a big factor.

"Our crowd will be a big help as long as they get don't nervous. If they get nervous, they can pass that over and that will make us a bit more nervous. We have to deal with the emotion of the game on Sunday and come out on top.

"The clean sheet is all important. If we don't concede a goal, we stay in the Premier League. (The mental aspect of football) is one of the biggest parts of whether we succeed. Your football intelligence on the day decides whether you play well.

"Physically they are fit enough and if they hold it together mentally, stay positive and deliver the best performance, that will be good enough."

Allardyce will await the results of late fitness tests given to James Tomkins, Yohan Cabaye and Scott Dann before he selects his XI to start at Selhurst Park.

An injury to the on-loan Mamadou Sakho has left Palace short in central defence and done much to disrupt the positive momentum they had built, similarly to that seen at Hull since Silva's appointment, and Allardyce said of the Portuguese: "(He's been) excellent.

"Like everybody else, like here, the recruitment of players has been the difference between us before January and us after January. We brought four in, they brought eight. Mick (Phelan, Silva's predecessor) before that never got that luxury.

"The managing of those eight players and putting them together so quickly deserves a lot of credit to the manager on how he's integrated the players and tried to fight their way out.

"I stick to the same philosophy as when I arrived here: if you can't win, don't lose. That philosophy has to apply for Sunday and whatever happens, however well you play or don't play, it's the result that matters.

"Get the result however we need to get it. If we can get it by playing well, being creative and scoring goals, then fine. But if we have to get the result ugly, we will get it ugly. That's all that matters on the day."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/all-...0326964-detail/story.html#TKoAp1GTeLO4Da51.99

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Agree with Sam about the crowd either helping or getting nervous and hurting the team.
    Against Sunderland our crowd was ****e.

dennisboothstash and PLT like this.
  5. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Yeah, true but there was nothing much to get excited about, still it was poor.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Only the chance to stuff Sunderland and nearly ensure out pl survival. Apart from that...

PLT and The B&S Fanclub like this.
  7. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Allardyce's words would be meaningless if Sunderland beat Swansea.

I'm not sure what would be best for us - palace already safe by the time we play them or them needing a point.

Teams that play for a draw can have a very negative mindset and make fans nervy as well.

8. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Allardyce sounds a bit nervous, setting out not to lose.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  9. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Nervous my arse, he's too long in the tooth to be broadcasting his plans, his statement just covers all the obvious bases - Allardyce will be setting his forwards up to dive anywhere within free-kick range of our box (nowt' new there then), those who block defenders will be coached on who they're blocking allowing his giants to be running at our static zonal markers. It's a shame Palace don't still have Pardew and not a sly old fox like BS.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  10. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I really believe Sam is shocked at some of the results he's had, knowing that they just don't have to lose, has him on edge. He's very nervous. I believe he's very worried despite having the better team.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Yep.
    I'll be so ****ed off if we lose to a few goals from corners. Nowt u can do about the diving twats conning the refs but **** me set up properly from a corner ffs

12. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Wot Marco should say just before sending the lads out:

This story shall the good man teach his son;
    And Season's end shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remember'd;
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that plays a brand of carefree attacking football for me
    Shall be my brother; be he one day signed for the White Scum,
    This day shall gentle that condition:
    And gentlemen in England and Portugal now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not in South Norwood in the Borough of Croydon,
    And wave their manhoods pitifully while any speaks
    That played the Palace and won with us upon that fourteenth day of May.

Kinnel, even Elmo might be moved to put a shift in.

13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

One of these day things will go against Big Sam and he will lose this halo of always getting clubs out of trouble, let's hope the God's are against him this weekend, and after his antics in the England job he deserves it. I think I'm clutching at straws.:emoticon-0112-wonde

14. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

That's beautiful and made me shed a tear.

Which was awkz seeing as I'm in the office with a couple of Americans.

Ernie Shackleton likes this.
  15. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Oo er missus.

16. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Even if we do beat Palarse on Sunday, Mourinho said last night for the last game of the season he will make a lot of changes to prepare for the final of the Europa league final, so chances are Palarse may get what they need there.

17. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

Would you rather he played you hungry players wanting to make an impact or first choice players not interested with nothing to play for and not wanting to get injured and miss the final?

KentTiger and dennisboothstash like this.
  18. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

My point was that Manure getting to this final hasn't help our cause IMO. I would have much preferred Man U play a full strength side and have something to play for, that now seems unlikely.

19. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

They played weakened teams twice against us and still beat us.

20. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

The fact is they have far more 'names' than we have to choose from and if the game goes to form (correlating transfer fees to ability) then we don't stand a chance. When we played them at home I was continually surprised at the next sub brought on. No wonder Pardew got the sack. Hell I could make a team out of the players they have.