1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Curtis Nelson

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Professional Football Compensation Committee have valued Curtis Nelson at £200,000 rising with appearances to £280,000.

Personally not enough.....Oxford think it is to much.

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Not a bad amount though but probably worth close to a million or more in a few years if he improves!

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm a bit surprised we are to get that much if I'm honest. I've always thought these tribunals were a bit of a farce and the fees they set way below what a club might have expected. I thought we would get around the £50k mark so on that basis this is a bit of a result. Will Adams get any of it though? If the statements are to be believed we are no longer in debt so stictly speaking the 50% to debt bit should no longer apply. Seeing is believing however.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

By the way Nelson scored a penalty for Oxford in the shoot out tonight.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

That's assuming Oxford can pay of course, given the rash management they have in charge.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

If so relegate them and we will take their place....:rolleyes:.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There is a 20% sell on clause if Oxford sell him on later.....minus whatever they have to pay us from the tribunal decision.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It is quite curious to know what actually happens if they don't have that sort of cash. I assume there is no appeal to the decision and they cannot unsign him now so have no choice but to pay what they are told. I presume it could lead to Administration for them which would put off a load of other clubs from signing this kind of player in the future. I wonder what they are paying him.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

According to something I read Oxford are awash with cash having sold a player for loads of money so non payment isn't really an option. I also now read that if Adams wants a couple of bob in January on top of existing bobs then he could well get it as the club confirms we can keep all of the cash and no longer have to split it with creditos. That'll make a change then. I'm not sure we need anyone else this time but it's good to know that if Adams thinks we do it's not just wishful thinking.

10. notDistantGreen

Don't forget a number of loans will end in January. They may be renewed but otherwise alternatives will have to be found which might be more expensive or be long term commitments if they are permanent rather than loanees . Also, the fitness of Brunt and various full-backs must be reassessed. What will Goodwillie's situation be if the civil case goes against him? Will he be there mentally? Lastly, I'd still like to see a speedy winger on the bench!

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I would have liked to have seen a speedy winger on the bench last season as well notdistant. Forunately we got rid of him in the closed season and he is on somebody else's bench now. Sadly he often wasn't on our's he was on the pitch.

12. notDistantGreen

I meant it's a type of player we don't have. Probably Adams wouldn't play him regularly but I think it's a weapon you need. Mind you, Slew is doing OK at the moment...

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yep. Lets not rock the boat just yet. I think we do have some pace out wide even if it isn't electric. I think the way we play and set up is working so having alternatives isn't that important right now. Slew is doing better than a number gave him credit for originally. Actually if you read some of the sites and the comments made when we signed this one or that one it makes quite interesting reading. A lot were vocally underwhelmed with them. According to some posts we were only signing cheap cast offs that nobody else wanted. Never mind give them a go first and then judge. Whatever happens for the rest of the season I think Adams judgement proved the right one and he wasn't bothered about a speedy winger so I'm not going to lose sleep over it either. The most important thing is that the one whose judgement counts for most among us is the one getting it right.