1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Curtis Woodhouse - Hull United

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ...., Jan 13, 2015.

1. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Why should that be a problem for someone who doesn't care what their team is called or where they play?

2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Certainly will be interesting to see how Ash gets on, good move though by Curtis.

3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

It's very close to the same thing.

At what point does it become unacceptable to you? When they could play us in the FA Cup?

Supporting one PL team and claiming to support a lower team, unless it's a pub side, is imo just wrong.

Just going to see a game as a football tourist is one thing, claiming to support another team an entirely different thing.

4. Happy Tiger

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

Why are you so obsessed with that subject and me that you feel the need to disrupt threads over it? Do you find me threatening?

5. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

At that level you have to apply for promotion, I assume Sculcoates haven't got clearance; if that's the case then as long as HUFC finish as the highest club with clearance for promotion, then they'll go up.

6. Steven Toast

It's not like there's a rule stating you can only like one football team. If you support City, great, but it doesn't mean you can't go and watch other teams if you want. My brother used to play for Ferriby and so I got into watching them for a while (in the Unibond days), it's got nothing to do with City, it's a seperate reason.

I've been to a couple of Hull United games and it's a good craic down there. Why can't you support a local club trying to establish itself in the pyramid and an established football club as well? If I'd started supporting the smaller team first and then picked up a League team, I could understand your gripe, but a team that's applying for promotion to the NCEL Division One and trying to give the City an established non-league team is hardly a conflict of interest is it?

You'll be telling me I can't go and watch Stingrays next!

7. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why so many City fans are wishing this team well! The owner has already said he wants to see them in the conference within 5 years and eventually the football league, it's easy to wish them well now they're a naff pub team but if they achieve league status in 15 years time will our fans still be so charitable towards them? As ridiculous as it sounds now, I personally see them as a potential future rival and i want nothing to do with them.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Risible

9. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

You've completely missed the point of this thread.

We're all City fans on here but when they're not playing or maybe playing away it makes a nice change to go and watch a local football team playing in non-league and put a few quid in their coffers. Amateur sports clubs don't run themselves and behind every one there is a band of non-paid volunteers that give their own time and energy so people can enjoy amateur sport.

Attending helps them survive and prosper which is in the best interest of all sports fans.

You do over-complicate matters.

10. Steven Toast

Right, well the club currently play at Level 11 on the pyramid, there's no harm in going down there and helping them get established as a non league side. I doubt City fans will choose to go down there over watching City, so I don't see the issue.

Why does it have to be so black and white? So what if they're in the league in 15 years time, what difference does it make to City? Should I stop playing for Market Weighton just in case we end up getting into the league in 15 years and end up being labeled rivals? What the hell are you on about man?!

If they make it to the league in 15 years, as unlikley as that sounds, Id be happy to say I was there at the very beginning, that I contributed to the growth of a community club. I think it'd be great to have a new Hull club, we don't seem to have any Hull clubs playing at a decent level.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They will get promoted this season, bizarrely five teams are going up and not all of the teams in the league have the required facilities, so they're nailed on(they do already have clearance for promotion).

12. Double_Dragon

Frankly I don't care what level they're playing at currently, the owner has intentions of getting them into the football league, if he succeeds then hull city will gain an unwanted local rival so I hope they fail.

Why are people always so short sighted?

13. Steven Toast

Why wouldn't you want a rival? We currently have three major rivals in my eyes, two of which play in the league and one in non-league. Imagine having two clubs in the professional football set up to compete against one another, it'd be great.

Your claims are totally ridiculous, it's like fans of Newcastle United not going to watch Jarrow Roofing, just on the off chance that at some point in the future they might end up 3 leagues below them.

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There's already a local team doing well, five tiers higher in the football pyramid and they don't have any effect at all on City's support.

15. Happy Tiger

Thats a little harsh OLM.

Mussie left us for them :(

originallambrettaman likes this.
  16. Happy Tiger

Oi you can't like that! Ya bastard!

17. Double_Dragon

I think a new team carrying Hull in it's name brazenly talking about it's goal of reaching the football league represents an entirely different animal compared to some village team.

Who knows what this Hull United thing could snowball into? in 15/20/25 years time we could be seeing all police leave canceled as Hull City play bitter rivals Hull United in a seething local derby.

18. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

It could be a local derby Melton tigers versus Hull United.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Hull United have just signed ex-City youth player Nicky Macnamara.

20. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

North Ferriby United have a better chance of being in the football league in 15 years time then Hull United. If you ask the owners of North Ferriby United they will say they have ambitions of being in the football league.

So there will be no rivalry if we end up in the same league as North Ferriby United?