1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Darrell's LVG moment

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, May 20, 2015.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Changing Puddy for Mildy - a stroke of genius which won us the shoot out or a gimmick which did not influence the outcome?

Whadya think Gasheads?

2. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We'll never know......but it must have got the Grimsby players thinking!
    He did get a hand to one of their penalties so perhaps that made the ones
    following kick the ball just that little bit harder............and higher!

Jon the Stripe likes this.
  3. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I would say that because Mildy is that much bigger than puddy, it was a good move by DC for the pens. Personally I think it is a bad decision in the first place by DC to play Puddy when we have a fit Mildenhall on the bench as he is head and shoulders above puddy in the quality department

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I remember Leadbitter about to come on then he sat back down then Clarke get up ready to come on then I seen Mildenhall warming up and I thought, surely not. Then seen Mildenhall put his top on ready to come on and I thought this is Holland happening again. I thought if this works then DC will go down as a tactical genius. Obviously he didnt make a save but I do think the Grimsby players with a few minutes remaining would be thinking about penalties and looking at Puddy and thinking they fancy their chances. Then to see Mildenhall come on who is much bigger and experiences, I think that must have played a psychological part on the Grimsby players. And where Mildenhall got a hand to the 3nd penalty that made for sure the next player to aim slight higher. Unfortunately for him it was too high. Of course that is all opinions so we will never know unless the player who missed comes out and says what happened.

To be honest, I have watched the shoot out several times and each time I still think we will miss as the keeper for every penalty (apart from Browns), went the right way and was close to each one. Looking at Taylors penalty, im unsure how the keeper didnt save it!

5. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

4 of our 5 pens were beautifully placed mind. For a moment I thought I was watching the Germans!

6. Jon the Stripe

Jon the Stripe Active Member

Bloody DC.

Should have put Ollie Clarke on with 5 mins to go and we wouldn't have needed penalties after his guaranteed 40 yard screamer.

7. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Speaking as a goalkeeper I would be very miffed coming off with a minute to go. In our postion its not very often you get a chance to be a hero instead of those glory hunting strikers :emoticon-0105-wink:

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Im sure he understands. Listen to his interview, he explains how he feels very well.

Personally, in any other work place, the employer would get done for discrimination of his size! <laugh>

Jon the Stripe likes this.