1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours DeAndre Yedlin

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by mmmkay, Aug 23, 2016.

1. mmmkay

mmmkay Well-Known Member

Looks like another signing for us.

Was with Sunderland last season. I'll be honest though don't know much about him apart from being a rb. Probably janmaats replacement

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

He will replace Janmaat. The Mackems I know are livid that Ellis has just sat on his hands with this one.

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Defensively suspect and will cost you plenty of goals, flip side is he's great going forward and his covering from corners and freekicks means you never concede on the brake throwing people forwards for set pieces. Oh he's fast. Not at prem standard yet, but was improving quickly. Decent signing for you short term, good long term provided he sorts is defence game out which is still way off.

Not many of seem fussed on the board. He's no Danny Rose or Marcos Alonso, we've had much much better full backs on loan so not fussed myself either as we've signed Love for rb prospect.

Yedlin plays on the wing for the US, could do well there with less defensive duties.

You're going to get a new regular poster on here too. ;)

Wisey's Hair likes this.
  4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Yedlin Vs Messi

please log in to view this image

5. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Up until a week or two ago I wasn't bothered about getting him, hoping for someone better, as of today I would take him in a heartbeat. A season in the championship should allow him to develop and could turn him into a good player when yous get promoted. Either we have somebody better lined up or we are making a right balls up of our transfer window. Either way we will find out by next Wednesday!

6. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Yeah we should sign him. Would definitely be good for the club and help grow the American fan base. I'd rather Fabian Johnson but I'll take yedlin. I still think he's better than what we've got. He's just like kyle Walker but can cross.

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

He is not like Kyle Walker.

He is like the roadrunner. Fast very fast but pretty ****e in defence. May do alright in a lower league mind.

haslam likes this.
  8. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

He is not just like Kyle Walker, Walker is much better.

If you want to say "he's just like Kyle Walker was 3 years ago when he was 23" then there's more merit to your argument as Walker was very suspect and has progressed hugely in the last 3 years. It would still be over-valuing Yedlin though.

Last time we were down we signed Danny Simpson who was lightening, got forward well but was defensively suspect. I quite liked him to be honest, others didn't. He won the title last year. Yedlin wont.

9. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Tbh hadn't taken much notice of Walker prior to the euros. I thought he was excellent going forward but reminded me of Janmaat as he looked poor at the back.

10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Kyle Walker is one of the worst defensive full backs in the league, he's truly ****ing terrible. The reason he looked good in the Euros is because he had barely any defending to do, in our piss-poor group.

When he actually had any defending to do, he obviously made a complete mess of it, in the game against Iceland, having said that, the poor lad wanted to be in Ibiza at the time so we should take that into account.

InBiscanWeTrust likes this.

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I hear his lass likes her pets too.

12. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He is probably an excellent option for when teams just sit deep as a couple have successfully. That is when you need pace and overlapping full backs. When teams are at you a bit more, then I'm not convinced by his defensive skills, namely his positioning. Janmaat is offering neither now though so its progression. We have the other type in Gamez. I'd much rather we signed a bloody left back though as Anita has been excellent at right back and looks better than Yedlin.

Gamez and Mbemba can play there. Looks like overloading to me. I still want us to push for the Leeds left back or the kid from Walsall. Both will offer the attacking option there. We have the solid type as Gamez can play both side and there is Dummy/Clark if we are pushed.

One thing for sure we have a lot of very good options for this season across the defensive areas. A few more options in attacking midfield and another striker, we are well and truly set. Even as we stand now Benitez would have few excuses to not deliver automatic promotion. Its not easy of course but you have to hope for that.

13. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Who played left back last night? Anyone know how Sterry did?

14. Warmir Pouchov

Its another right back playing left back. We are going from Pards and his left backs to Rafa and his right backs <laugh>

Flash likes this.
  15. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Maybe Rafa sees something in Haidara and is biding his time until he returns to full fitness <whistle>

JakartaToon likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

I am reliably informed he does, he has the perfect role for him...

please log in to view this image

17. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

And remember what happens to him in the film!

18. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh>

You straw clutching mother ****er

Flash likes this.
  19. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

When I first saw this lad, thought he was mustard. Moves like lightning, looked a huge talent in the 2014 WC; hence the move to Spurs. Proved then he couldn't defend well, Sunderland put his defending up a bit, I actually think he could be a really decent signing - but surely we still need a left back?

20. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Bit harsh. How's Yedlin going to win last years title?