1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Defoe - Can he play in Dick's system

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by concrete tony, Aug 30, 2015.

1. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

This with Defoe up the middle is just up till yesterday.....I hope it will change by Tuesday with options being had. Like a beast up the middle.....fingers crossed....

concrete tony likes this.
  2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Same here, that's why the league goals matter to me, the difference 2 in 5 and 5 in 5 in head of a natural finisher will be massive. We may focus on the league but I bet if he failed to score midweek it would have been straight in his head and playing on his mind going into league games, especially because it was lower opposition. Every game a goalscorer plays will matter physiologically I reckon.

Just assuming, trying to get the psyche of a striker, I was a CM for school and Sunday league, highest i played up the pitch was playmaker of the striker

3. Brian Storm

He's is way faster and stronger like.

4. Brian Storm

I'd put him ahead of DG like in the pecking order. DG was shocking yesterday. More interested in playing for the foul than playing football and when he did stay on his feet when the ball came into him he it gave away half the time. Mate, he made 7 passes in 45 minutes of football. He did nothing. Not good enough for this system. We need a striker how can take the ball into his feet and hold it up. DG is a million miles from being capable.

It must be at the point now where we're saying here, take him for free on a one year contract so you can match his wages easier.

I'm still in the position I've been in for the last year. Listen to offers on any of our strikers(except Watmore)

5. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

YES YES YES.

6. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

YiP! Fingers crossed