1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

DEFOE CHOMPING AT THE BIT FOR FIRST DERBY

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Makemstine Roger, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

DEFOE CHOMPING AT THE BIT FOR FIRST TYNE-WEAR CLASH WITH SUNDERLAND
    Submitted by Andrew Slevison 15 hours ago
    Share on emailShare on print

please log in to view this image

Jermain Defoe is eagerly anticipating Sunderland’s upcoming Premier League clash with derby rivals Newcastle United.

The Black Cats host the Magpies in the Tyne-Wear derby on April 5 and striker Defoe, who has been a part of many north London clashes withTottenham against Arsenal, is expecting big things.

“The boys have told me there’s nothing quite like this game,” he said.

“It’s a fixture for the fans and it’s a massive game for everyone involved with the football club. It’s going to be a difficult one of course, but with us being at home we will have the fans right behind us.”

Sunderland are also going for five derby wins in a row which Defoe is determined to achieve for the morale of the club.

“It’s four victories in a row for us and hopefully that will continue. It’s a game we can win,” he added.

“The lads have been unbelievable in the last few matches against Newcastle.”

2. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

A few scans of the films of the last two SJP wins should do it for the team.

3. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Time he made a contribution. Bit disappointed with him so far. Has he impressed anyone else ?

4. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Still waiting for him to shown me what we know he can do, so far he hasn't but that's not all down to him, the team haven't been performing well either.

He'll see what it's all about if he gets on the score sheet in the derby and if that doesn't motivate him to score more, nothing will.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  5. rokerparks scoreboard

rokerparks scoreboard Active Member

His movement against west ham was brilliant pulling there defence all over but wen hes doing that its down to the rest of the team to get into box theres more to his game than scoring. I think dicks tactics will suit defoe he likes to get in behind and it looks like were gunna play more balls into the gaps quicker which will enable him to do this. Its just the impression i get after the west gam game.

6. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

442 with jd and cw up top balls in from wide with little one playing off a big one ,never mind bloody diamond shapes or any other shapes back to basics and with desire in your guts.

7. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

Defoe is past it, whickham might keep us up 2-2 draw with Connor getting both.

8. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How many times in recent months has one of the team popped up and said they're right up for it, and then done nowt about it on the day?

I'd just like to see some words turned into deeds!

9. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

His best days might be behind him but I still think he has plenty to offer at Prem level

JustMeMan likes this.
  10. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

A couple of these and Defoe will bang them in!
    image.jpg

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

He's making the runs but not getting the service. We all knew what type of player he is, we've seen him for years. He doesn't contribute to games much. He's the type of player who can score a hatrick and other than those three shots contribute nothing for 90 minutes. He's a goal scorer but without chances he nothing but a ghost figure. Precisely the reason I think Dick made the front three tighter together against Westham, to get people closer to him to create him chances.

12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Yep spot on - he's very much like Bent was - that type of player who thrives when the service is good. I was amazed he missed the target against west ham mind - thought that was a poor decision not to take a touch. But he's had rubbish service from everywhere and it's what he needs.

13. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

"But he's had rubbish service from everywhere and it's what he needs"

No, it isn't . . . . nobody needs 'rubbish service' (unless you're talking about the bins, of course) :emoticon-0136-giggl

14. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

We've got dick talking up whicks, fletch on the back of a hatrick & Defoe chomping at the bit! **** if this doesn't deliver goals then what will <cheers>

15. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I think he wanted to score a wonder goal against his old club. Wrong decision obviously. Had he took a touch i'd have backed anything on him to score.