1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Devastating....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Premiershiporbust IV, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

It's going to be a long hard season if we can't finish off teams. The pressure was building and building in the last quarter of an hour and the goal was coming.

I can understand the players dropping deeper and deeper to try and protect the win but the question is, why did we look out on our feet when I thought we were supposed to be super fit...

Today was a HUGE opportunity to kick start the season but this is a real body blow to me never mind the team. We look knackered in more ways than one....

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

90+4 - you couldn't make it up.

Last week it was 86th minute. Those 2 goals are the reason we are not sitting in mid table and are bottom instead.

I dispair, I really do.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. Premiershiporbust IV

Its a throwback to City of old when we could rarely hold on to a lead...

4. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

We did well to hold on whilst playing ****e for 49 minutes. I thought we would do well to hold on for the last few minutes, then I looked at the clock and we still had 25 minutes to go. I was not surprised by the late goal. We didn't even deserve the draw today. Not by them being good but for us being even more ****e.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

There's only one way this season is going, and that's back to where we came from.

For all the people telling us it's ok, we're playing well and we will end up in midtable - think again my friends. It already needs a minor miracle after less than a quarter of the season, and every game that passes will make it even harder.

We are not good enough for this division by miles.

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Said to the bloke who sits next to me, I could see that goal coming all half.
    Wilbraham fantastic last season is just out of class this season, Pack has not made the step up I'd have hoped he would. What concerned me was at last when Wilbraham was taken off no one wanted the arm band.

What confused me the most was the Bryan Williams sub?

The other thing I would like to add, is if we are only allowed five loanees, let's send the ones back that are not playing and get some that will challenge the first team please.

And when will someone look at the out of contract players and notice Kevin Nolan doing nothing, sure his wages will be high but negotiate a signing on fee to compensate the lower wages.

7. Premiershiporbust IV

Wilbrahimovic was fabulous for us last year so I am not going to diss him but he is 36 in a couple of weeks time. Jimmy definitely needs some help up front and we need young and fit with goal scoring pedigree now because our inability to convert is going to cost us dear. If we only have one loan left, lets make it a good promising youngster looking to break through at one of the big boys otherwise we are in big trouble...

I was a bit numb after the game but now, for the first time, I am getting angry. Not with the players because they can't do anymore but with the failure to act which is going to undo everything that this group worked for last year...

8. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

Saw it coming a mile off, wasn't even devastated it went in. We really are screwed.

9. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Yep said to my mate as soon as Williams came on that we'll sit back and play for the 1-0 and wel'll **** it up. Getting ****ing pissed off with this constant **** being played in front of me and it's quite clear to see we're being relegated this season. No ****ing chance of staying up. Well done to Lansdown, Cotts and Burt you've royally ****ed this club right up after giving it such hope. Nobody else to blame but you dicks. Next time go for players who we can get, instead of living in fantasy land and splashing 9m out on a player who will want more than the 10k you can offer.

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Do you know what I am devastated, we all know our team needs to be strengthened but nothing is happening, tactics are crap, systems imposed, although the manager insists the players stick to them are not working, it's all imploding, pre-season planning, financial spend, injuries, correct loanees, information flow to fans, academy prospects, to much emphasis on stadium spend, Bristol Sport influence, it's all buggered up..

I am beginning to feel my miniscule contribution is a waste of time and I think I might dip out, enough is enough, the plastic chair awaits.

11. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

We are without doubt the worst team in this league. I have come to the conclusion that what florist
    fans said about SC is a fair reflection of his management skills at this level. We should have lost today and deserved
    to after camping in our own half for forty plus minutes. Wilbraham should be dropped he aint good enough at this level.
    Same goes for Pack and probably Williams. Fielding is another who needs more competition or replacing. What has
    happened with playing the ball from the back rather than hoofing it on the diagonal and losing possession time after time.
    Our ball retention and set piece execution is dire, end of. We are not looking for one player in January, probably 4/5 and
    arguably a new manager if things don't change.

12. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Any more like this and my retirement from supporting City moves ominously closer.
    One of the worst second half displays that I can remember and the shining light of last year is just like the last flickering of a burnt out candle. I should have called it a day after 8-2 against Walsall.

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Well I hope Lansdown will be happy with a 27,000 stadium next year when he'll be lucky to see it 1/3rd full.

You and the board a're to blame for this mess (again!!!) SL.

Red Robin likes this.
  14. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

The last two home games were pathetic and change needs to be made now.
    We are relagation fodder with a capital R boys and girls.

15. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

The first half display was good but once again failed to make it count

When MK Dons applied the pressure some of them seemed to wilt - if you give the ball away like that you are going to be lucky to hold out.

The situation has not changed - we still need a forward and also a CM better than Marlon

I've heard a lot about the loan numbers restrictions - the solution is simple - put the young keeper (O'Leary) back on the bench - only have Hamer in the squad if he starts

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Can we just not send the loanees back? Like Shiny says the other day and I'm in agreement with him what does Callum Robinson actually bring to the squad? He gets the odd 5 minutes here or there taking up loan space for someone who actually can influence the team selection.

17. smhbcfc

We will have signed a contract with their parent clubs

18. cidered abroad

There is a statue in Queens Square that would be an improvement on the aforementioned midfielder.

smhbcfc likes this.
  19. smhbcfc

A bit harsh <laugh>

20. cidered abroad

The five loanee rule covers the maximum number of loans in the match day squad.
    A club can have more loanees the five.