1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Diego Costa

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Warmir Pouchov, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Love this dirty bastard. He is top class but has that devilment too. Skrtel tried to lay one on him early doors in the air, and the switch was flicked. Emre Can ended up getting a sly stamping. He'll probably get done. He is as close as you get to Shearer, scores for fun, great technique but is a stone faced hard bastard who takes no ****. Wes Brown tried his usual **** and he got some.

I know he winds people up but personally, he is my cup of tea as far as strikers go.

Salomon #9 and whack&blite like this.
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I like the rough bastards too mate.
    Big Dunc used to be the epitomy of radge.

3. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Certainly not one for shirking out of things, him and Skrtel at each other constantly.

4. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Stamped on Skrtel as well... No doubt Mourinho will whinge about Henderson not being sent off though <doh>

is it just me, or ten years ago, wasn't it four yellow card challenges (unless they were borderline red) were required to get yourself sent off? First one, ref warned you, second one, you got booked, third one you got warned again, 4th you were gone... Whatever happened to that?

5. Warmir Pouchov

Our game became full of pampered fairies. Sky cameras caught it all, analysed it over and over like an episode of CSI, and everyone became outraged at any form of aggression.

Tasty Magpie likes this.
  6. East Stand Heckler

East Stand Heckler Well-Known Member

The press are having a field day with this one.

7. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Good old fashioned pro. Some of these fairies playing the game today need to watch him play. They're an embarrassment. Someone tries to stick one on Costa, he gives back better. Quality.

8. Blacker-than-Knight

I watched the match and Costa should have been sent off for the first stamp, quite deliberate and no excuse, had this been against Newcastle and he did this to our players without any punishment I am pretty sure you would have a different opinion of him.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Have to say I most certainly wouldn't. I love the way he plays the game. Both "stamps" were nothing of the sort, he simply stood on them. Certainly a sending off by the book and definitely by the way the rules are enforced these days. Like Shearer though, he has a method of 1. Not being seen 2. Putting just a touch of doubt in the situ as to his intentions, maybe enough to present a defence.

For me though, I watch centre halfs give it out week in, week out. He doesn't do anything wildly dangerous, he just finds a way to give a bit back. Many of us loved Shearer for doing exactly this, I'm not going to change my opinon just because he's not our player or pretend he is any different to Shearer. I like strikers who are a bit granite like instead of the ones who spend their time falling around like a bunch of fairies. Of course it is easier to give a bit back when you are built like Shearer or Costa. I'm sure the little wingers or strikers who get rough housed would say their falling around is their own way of combating these tactics. Saying that though, look at Sterling. Every team seems to have decided wiping him out and rough housing is the way to go. He may be slight but he doesn't half get stuck in.

So no, I like Costa and don't care if he flaunts the rules a little. As long as he stays in the realms of dirty/sly and doesn't slip into downright dangerous. As evidenced by Can and Skrtel being perfectly fine to carry on. They'll have a few stud marks, nothing more.

whack&blite likes this.
  10. Sheikh_of_Araby

I wouldn't complain. I moan when some of our players go down like they've been shot to be honest. Football is a physical game and players should stop acting like soft pricks and get stuck in. They're more worried about ruining their hairstyles these days. The ones that really boil my piss are the ones who come out in cold weather wearing gloves. Ffs get a grip.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Anyone who has played Saturday football to a decent level or even a bit of Sunday football (though there was some crazy goings on in a Sunday game I wouldn't advocate) will relate to getting the stud marks etc. The odd leaving of a foot as someone goes to strike a ball etc. Many a Sunday or Monday did I wake up a few stud marks from someone "accidently" standing on me, or the rake down the thigh. It was all just a bit of intimidation or attempt to wind you up. Perhaps a bit of payback if you'd gone in a touch strongly yourself. You learn quick enough how to cope and lets face it, it never did any real damage.

What has happened to the game? I'm not suggesting we allow football to be a free for all with no rules. I just think the hysteria over what we saw last night is a bit pathetic.

george robledo likes this.
  12. Warmir Pouchov

Check out Costa's hands <whistle><laugh>

please log in to view this image

13. Warmir Pouchov

14. Warmir Pouchov

You got to remember too, he only now needs two more for a free coffee...

Salomon #9 likes this.
  15. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Didn't you think Costa would flop before the star of the season?

16. whack&blite

whack&blite Active Member

I don't think I'll ever understand shortsleeves and gloves.

17. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Now you know how much I hate Liverpool and I mean I really, really hate them but Costa acted in an appallingly ****y manner last night. Stamping like that proves one to be a ****house of the highest order. If he ever did that to someone like Big Dunc he would be picking up his front row of teeth moments later.

18. Sheikh_of_Araby

Haha revised my opinion of him then. Get rid of the gloves jesus.

19. Warmir Pouchov

There was no stamp...

20. Warmir Pouchov

I wouldn't say flop, but while I thought he was a terrific player in what I'd seen at Athletico, I did question if he would be exactly what Chelsea needed. He seemed to play a lot different role for Athletico where he'd score a lot of goals getting in behind teams. He never seemed the Drogba type they needed to bring the likes of Hazard, Oscar etc onto him but I was completely wrong. He has just shown how complete a striker he is by adapting his game to suit Chelsea.

Great players have the ability to be a success anywhere, I'd happily admit I underestimated just how good Costa is. I suppose you only really know a player when you see plenty of them. I watch a fair bit of La Liga and Ligue 1 but wouldn't profess to be an expert on any of the players there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.