1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Div 1 Fixtures

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just don't get how anyone can even call themselves a football fan who simply watches a box in their own living room. I understand that matches to some people have a place and are useful. I would be a liar if I didn't like the odd away game with Argyle being shown. But if you have no connection to a team or place and it's just an arbitary match being shown how on earth can you get excited about it. If there is no excitement with any sports game then it's a waste of time. Hence why I got uptight about Argyle's Wembley performance. They didn't generate one high point so it was a waste of my time and money going. Now that's my reaction to a live game so it is ten times more pointed when it is just on a box. They have to attend hobo and there is no excuse.

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Well they do watch Argyle's televised away games with me.

Two of them have moved here from Kent so they don't have a connection to Argyle anyway. The other always asks about Argyle but prefers to watch Rugby (the egg chasing game). Still I consider if they go to one away game that's a start and some money for Argyle.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

They must be a bit strange already if they come from Kent Hobo. My middle son was born in Kent and he's a bit strange. Not sure where he gets it from, probably his mother.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Be careful Sensible. Plym live's in Kent i think? <hug>

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That explains a lot then Joe although he obviously isn't totally gone as he was born down here and moved the other way.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

yes, he must be adopted now by Kent as he has been there a long time i believe?

Hope your well and getting ready for Kick off in a few week's.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He's older than the white cliffs so I'd guess he's lived there almost forever.

I am well and would be ready for kick off if Argyle got their finger out and issued the season tickets. I've got everything else covered. I've had my seasonal bath, washed my kit, got the sweets ready and am raring to go. I think this closed season seems longer because this time we didn't have any extra games to sort out.