1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Does the SFC marque add 10 mill to price?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Feb 27, 2015.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Our ability to produce or finish players for the EPL is well known. Teams have paid high prices for several of our players and most have not disappointed, though a few (cough Lovren) look better with us than they subsequently do. Now it looks like there may be a feeding frenzy for Clyne with Chelsea interested (they are probably concerned that they have given us players rather than the other way round). Our players command a good price because they are good or we make them look good, but we are also not small enough to take advantage of. Clyne is very good (and I'd rather keep him). but I suspect the price we eventually settle on will allow us to buy a player nearly as good for half the price. Perhaps top sides have more confidence in our recruiting system than their own :)

2. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

You are probably right.
    Young players both from UK and abroad look to us as a stepping stone to mega bucks deals. With us they will get an opportunity to play for the first team, get quality coaching and experience some success in the EPL whilst earning a very decent salary.
    This allows them to shine and be seen by the Big Boys who will swoop down and buy them.

For us, we get really good young players for a season or two, get some success on the pitch and then make a handsome profit within one or two seasons which then goes back into the system to generate the next batch whether it be through the academy or transfers.

If Clyny decides he doesn't want to stay (be a very sad day) then we must demand absolute top prices of £20m+

Unfortunately thats the way it is until such time that we can command 40k home support + significant sponsorship deals (or a very benevolent sugar daddy/mummy)

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  3. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Well financial fair may end soon depending on a court case. So that may change.

4. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Clyne!! Let's be a tad conservative and say 35 million should he decide to go!!

5. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

I would imagine there is a sell on fee as well......so £20m+ for me.

6. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

He only has a year left on his contract so the fee might not be as high as it would otherwise be. But, lets face it, he is the current England right back and when you see the silly money paid these days, it could escalate.

7. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I just hope that none of those looking to leave go to Liverpool. I see absolutely no benefit other than a couple of quid to do so, which has been rather borne out this year.

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

If another one goes there, the next on the hit list will be the kit man... they want to be like Saints so much.

9. fran-MLs little camera

No...absolutely not. The board would be sacked if Forbsie left.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  10. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

Much as it pains me to say it a move to Chelsea for Clyne would be the best thing for him and secure his place as England's first choice right back for the next 10 + years. Look what Mourinho has done for the likes of Azpilcueta, Ivanovic etc. Like him or loath him you cannot deny how Mourinho progresses his players, especially defenders.

11. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

if Shaw was worth 25m clyne should be 30m.
    For 30m I would let him go, any less and wouldn't be 100% happy.

12. fran-MLs little camera

Won't get 30 million I would have thought. You are talking about a decent striker at that price.

13. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

I know. Will be 20m or so. Not enough if you ask me.

14. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Last year of contract and the later in the summer it goes, the lower that number may go unless there is an auction.

15. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Based on Beefy and DTLW's hints I expect Clyne and Schneiderlin to be out of the door pretty quickly this summer.

16. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

45m for Schneiderlin and Clyne seems like a optimistic but realistic scenario. Think we deserve more, but it is what it is. Hopefully Cyne's sell-on isn't too bad.