1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Done deal. Mapou to Roma.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I've mixed feelings here.
    Combined with the HBA savings and the soon to be Jonas wage savings we should save around £!50k a week I reckon.
    All the more funding for a big transfer war chest. <laugh>

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/breaking-news-mapou-yanga-mbiwa-completes-transfer-roma/

During the winter break, Sky Sport Italia broke the story that there was a clause in Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa’s loan agreement, which meant that if the Frenchman played twenty times during his loan spell then AS Roma were obliged to make the deal permanent with a £5.5m transfer fee.
    AS Roma played away at Fiorentina on Sunday and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa did indeed make his twentieth appearance for the club from the Italian capital.
    please log in to view this image
    For once the reports were bang on the money and in a very short statement today, Newcastle United have confirmed the permanent transfer of the defender.
    Newcastle United Official Statement
    ‘Newcastle United defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has completed a transfer to AS Roma after meeting a contractual condition contained in the loan agreement between the clubs.
    The French defender joined Roma on a loan deal in September 2014 but it has now become a permanent move.’

Now Newcastle fans wait to see whether any potential incoming funds will make any difference to United’s inactivity in the transfer market this January.
    Financially, despite the poor state of Italian football both on and off the pitch, Roma should have had no problems funding any permanent transfer. Despite now trailing top of the table Juventus by 7 points, AS Roma look nailed on for Champions League football again next season as they are eight points clear of third.

2. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Wish him well. Not to worry though as we have true class defenders in Williamson and Saylor, the latter being half dead -but its not that we are low on numbers anyway as all the ****ing spots are filled according to that bald headed **** who rims Mike's fat crack.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  3. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

I feel we've lost a CB who was much better than some who were getting game time. Appreciate he had some stinkers but he also had some good un's and was played out of position alot by the knob head Pardew. Still think with the right coaching he would have made it. Good enough for Roma and Champions League but not good enough for Newcastle ????

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  4. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

and that is where the problem is
    we don't want a player that would stop the goals from going in
    it might just make us challenge for 6th place

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Wish him well for the future but he wasn't cut out for the PL, as he admitted himself. A great move for all parties but it doesn't alter the fact we are in desperate need of a defensive overhaul. We still have the same 3 centre backs who were with us in the fizzy pop! We even had Fitz Hall on loan also. So you swap Dummett for Fitz Hall.

So at centre back we are worse off than 5 years ago <laugh> They haven't got better, they've got older and more injury prone.

We blew a load of money on Mbiwa, anyone who watched him for Montpellier in the CL could tell he wasn't cut out for the game here. Wenger worked it out sharp enough. We could have went and bought any number of players with that cash. We were linked with Fonte at one stage.

Then there is left back. Pardew had enough of them! Haidara looks a complete waste of money. Dummett not good enough either. Santon has talent but is he even a full back? Fair enough we have replaced Debuchy well with Janmaat at a fraction of the cost.

We are ****e at the back and Mapou is just one of a catalogue of errors in an area which has gone under funded for way too long. There is a reason we have had one of the worst defences in the league.

6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Yet mystifyingly we'll buy no-one in the next 4 days. Incroyable.

7. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Another lad off the books and Hatem btw does Carver get a raise now that he's manager?

8. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Can't believe that anyone thinks this is clever in anyway. Things like this are why fans wanted Pardew out. We now have 3 centre halves, one who's injured and two over 30's, great ****ing management.

9. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

It ain't clever and that's the point,Ashley reckons we're safe and Carver doesn't have a say so spend nowt.It took him long enough to have some pride but in the end Pardew left albeit Palace paid Ashley off,it's a ****ing circus.

10. Warmir Pouchov

He wanted out, didn't want to play in this country. He's not good enough. The problem isn't selling someone like Mbiwa, its not sorting the defence out for 5 years. Hell its even the policy which saw us waste the money in the first place.

Ellis Short Is likes this.

11. whack&blite

whack&blite Active Member

Guys. Settle down. Pardew said Dummett is going to be a centre back anyway and Curtis Good is back playing with the reserves. We're golden! :)

12. Heed

Heed well known cheat

F*** me, I went all misty eyed when I read he was gone for good.

Its not his fault, he wasn't good enough, didn't want to be here, struggled with the lingo and all those other excuses.
    Shopping for average players, invariably gets you average players at best.

On balance for Mbiwa, he probably thinks his time here was wasted, but, when he reminisces in time, he'll no doubt revel in stories of working with Pardew and playing alongside Willo as being the highlight of his career.

13. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Mbiwa had his poor games granted bit then what defender for us hasn't in the last 20 odd years? Save Woodgate and Colo in his prime we haven't any really standout candidates I can think of and the likes of Dummett, Saylor and Williamson have embarassed themselves far, far more than him. It would have been interesting to see what may have happened with Mbiwa if Pardew hadn't dropped him after that three/four run of games a year or so ago when he looked solid with Williamson to appease Colo's return. It was obvious after the Everton game (when many other bastards were just as poor) his confidence took a hammering I honestly think he was getting that back, then to be suddenly dropped out of nowhere after playing well must effect morale within a player.

What really gets me is that some **** like Obertan who has been ****ing ****in **** for three and half years or more and has what? Three or four alright games is now proclaimed as some sort of messiah we need when we all know he should have been thrown on his arse out the club years ago. It makes no sense to me, it really doesn't.

Mbiwa never said he wasn't cut out for the premiership, his quote was "Perhaps because in England they see things in a different away, everything there is based on physicality', now that doesn't mean he wasn't cut out but rather he was being judged on physicality rather than other attributes. We know Pardew wasn't a fan based on Mbiwa couldn't head the ball well and yes he wasn't particualrly good in the air but Williamson can occasionally head the ball but does that mean he is a good defender? The years we have had fistpumper here, Christ I need to get my **** seascroll out of the amount of times he has been ****ing ****. He may as well have been blood brother to Shola.

I'm not saying Mbiwa was world class or anything like that - all I'm saying is the amount of ****ing time and effort we have wasted with some our squad (some of the ****s I just ****ing can't stand) I think under a different coach we may have been able to get something out of his talent that's all.

BigDaveysJCB likes this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

That is the crux of the issue. We spent 7m on an average player, to work alongside our other average defenders. Guess what our defence is average and concedes goals, it ain't ****ing rocket science is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.