1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

DROP TRIO

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Jan 19, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Just barely half a season left, predicting the bottom three for the drop looks easy this season, though there is always one newcomer to the race, just who will it be? My 3 teams for the drop are:

HULL
    Palace
    Sunderland

I now see us getting out of this mess under Paul Clement, who has us very organised at last, interesting though to get everyone's prediction on this, there is likely to be too many teams this season in contention, so the permutations could get interesting.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Swansea Hull Sunderland. But it isnt as easy to predict as we think even though I think we are going down, as Stumpy has said lets not forget Watford and as you have predicted Palace, maybe the only constant is us and Sunderland then.

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Swansea
    Watford
    Palace
    Middlesbrough
    Sunderland
    Hull

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  4. DragonPhilljack

I have been very positive in this, and I have looked hard at our remaining fixture list, and extracted a very positive 21 points from the games remaining, that would give us a grand total of 36 points, would that be enough to keep us up? I base my 21 points on 6 wins and 3 draws, and I think it may well come down to the last game of the season, but if we do go down, as I think we will, it will be because of selling Ashley Williams for £12 Million....<ok>

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Kifflom! and Stumpy like this.
  5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Our goal difference could be our final nail in the coffin as I have a sneaky feeling it may come down to that.

6. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Hull , Palace and ahem

7. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Right I'm gonna go out on a limb and say;

Palace
    Hull
    Sunderland

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Swans
    -----------------

Watford
    Hull
    Sunderland

Last game survival by 1 point.

9. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I'll take that. :)

seabreeze and swantastic like this.
  10. seabreeze

I'd take that too , I just don't think we will see it .
    If Sunderland , Hull and Palace can all sh!t the bed till the end of Feb we may have a chance ...I just think one of them will pull ahead of the other two and us .

11. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

I think we will rally at some point soon and Watford will drop into the **** and stay there with us needing to win the last game and them losing it. Hull will lose to many and Sunderland's great escape luck will run out this year !
    Gotta hope for the best now as the alternative is a rough ride down the tables as our club implodes at the hands of those in charge ?

Swans 36 pts

------------------------

Watford 35 pts
    Hull 33pts
    Sunderland 33 pts

Hope so and then a long overdue proper rebuild in the summer .

neveroffsidereff and seabreeze like this.
  12. seabreeze

In the first 7 games , with Guidolin in charge and playing Chelsea , Liverpool and Man City during those 7 games we were - 6 in goal difference . In the 14 games since we are -20 .... everything from stability to confidence points us in a very bad light since the American takeover and the sacking of Guidolin IMO.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I agree Stumpy it will be 3 from that 6 but it's anyone's guess which 3

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  14. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

We could still make it to safety but the rest of this window will tell. No key players out the door and we may just do it by the skin of our teeth. It only takes one team to start putting a run together and the three that don't are ****ed. Trouble is, Sunderland have always got that Houdini bollocks in them, unfortunately. Season after season.<grr>

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  15. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

At the moment Hull, Palace and Sunderlan but I can see Watford and Middlesboro being dragged in to the mix as well.

swantastic and Stumpy like this.
  16. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

All the squad needed post Guidolin was strong leadership, someone who could take the squad and whip the players into form but we all know what our inept owners and boardroom did. Employing Bradley as manager was as dumb as taking a City and Guilds home economics student and placing him/her onto a Masters Degree course in the hope that they'd unravel the mysteries of Dark Matter while solving the problems of quantum gravity to produce a theory of everything. Or it was at least akin to Theresa May giving the Chancellery to Joe Pasquale.

It took the bewildered one 85 days, 85 wasted ****ing days, to smash all the confidence of the squad and the fans to smithereens. As I said, when Bradley arrived all the the squad needed was good strong effective leadership. All he brought though was a torrent of hot air full of vacuous platitudes about the embarrassingly obvious and all with the air and arrogance of a youth coach with unreachable aspirations. His calamitous reign instead of instilling confidence and respect leading to a recovery left the club and fans reeling and on the verge of total melt down.

This all means that the man hired to pick up the mess has been left not with a well drilled squad of professionals but shattered bunch of shell shocked individuals all in need of psychiatric help. All faith and hope was drained from the fans too during those desperate days and Clement has a massive job to heal the club from the effects of the trauma inflicted by the appointment and inept reign of Bradley.

We've wasted so much of our season that our new man starts his time with his back against the wall. I don't know if he can fight his way out or if he is our saviour or, if the new blood that's come in can fight along side him and get us out of this mess. Clement seems to be a decent manager and the new signings all seem to be decent players, but are we passed the need for just 'decent' right now? Only time will tell of course but both will have my unending gratitude and respect if they do get us out of this mess.

If we think we fans feel bad after Bradley wasted days then imagine how bad the players feel, if they can still feel anything at all. Hope their therapy has begun.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    seabreeze and swanee like this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

Well stumpy they are Pro's, and the way I see it, we have too many that simply are not good enough at this level, yes Bob did a lot of damage, but our players fitness is one of the main issues that needs addressing, but surely the first priority of this window should have been Ash's replacement, our defence needs a leader and organiser, and the team a Captain, that is still a failure of Jinx this transfer window. and unless that happens we are down in my view, the back line simply has to be sorted if we are to stay up, we all know this, and will see it tomorrow at Anfield..............<ok>

Stumpy likes this.
  18. seabreeze

IMO , all we had to do to get leadership after 7 games was leave Guidolin in place .

PGFWhite and DragonPhilljack like this.
  19. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmm WHU just signed Fonte, Stoke signed Berahino, ok us, Hull, Palace and Sunderland to be in a 4 way. In a way I feel sorry for Mr Clement, Arsenal then Liverpool, Southampton, Man City and Chelsea, after that 4 games we should get points from then Spurs. Cant get any worse so lets hope

20. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Watford,Palace,Leicester.

Any order.

Change Watford with Bournemouth.

I just had a sneaky few quid @ 40/1 Bournemouth down.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017