1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dutch football body opposes winter World Cup

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Makemstine Roger, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Somehow I have the feeling that Euro nations have been working up to this but it takes one to start it off. The Dutch tell it how it is and this could be the beginning of a concerted agreed effort to defy FIFA. Also FIFA saying that the Euro nations have 8 years to sort out their season is nothing short of stupid. If Euros do drop out then a massive club or country issue could blow football apart in Europe and there is time to write certain things into player contacts about payments for internationals disrupting domestic competitions.

The whole saga has issues not least of which moving or cancelling the Africa Cup, winter olympics(?) and some other world sporting event.

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Once the dust settles everyone will stand around, shaking their heads, and wonder how it was ever considered as a possible venue.

Qatar should never have been allowed to bid for the competition in the first place, the whole thing is very very silly.

It's like the 'head transplant' idea ....... just because something can be done it doesn't mean it should be done.

3. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

FIFA president Sepp Blatter wants the 2022 World Cup final in Qatar to be played no later than 18 December.
    Blatter's suggestion comes after a FIFA task force recommended the tournament be played in November and December to avoid Qatar's summer heat.
    The task force also suggested the event be shortened from the current 32 days .
    European football leagues and clubs had called for the event to be staged in May and June to reduce the impact on their playing schedules.
    But that suggestion has been ruled out due to the extreme summer weather in Qatar.

Sepp Blatter wants??

I still think he should be told to shove it up his arse.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  4. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I hope Blatter croaks before it comes around.
    I mean, let's face it, would any **** miss him?