1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Easter Derby Chairboys v Ewe’s NOT Good Friday

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 2, 2015.

1. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

get in! Paul Hayes. 1-2 <party> COYB!

2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

There is the quick goal we needed.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just seen we've pulled one back. Come on Wycombe

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bury 2-0 up
    All the top 6 are winning - except us

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

****ing hell. What is going on? <steam>

Looks like play offs are looming

6. mowgli1960

Ffs! Another crap performance at home, i;ve given this game up now. I almost came home home for the weekend but the trains are in a mess so i cancelled it until next weekend Cheltenham at home but have little faith in winning that one at homw. :steam:

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hmm. If we lose against Burton, which is very likely, and Bury beat Morecambe, which is very likely, Bury will be a point behind us with a game in hand. That will mean that auto promotion is for Bury to lose.

Weekend completely ruined.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2-3 but too late

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Plymouth have levelled against Burton.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bollocks. How could we let in 3...................... against Oxford?????????????????

Only Burton have done that. Oxford do seem to pull something out away from home against the better clubs

11. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Hmm doing it the hard way then....No chance of anything on Monday and Bury's goal difference isn't that far behind ours.

If we keep defending like that then Burton could get a hat-full. Was hoping that they would beat Plymouth and relax on Monday but even that went against us today. We are still third and Bury have some tough games yet..If they win those then fair play to them.

12. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

As far as I can remember that is one win in the last seven at home & we are still third (only just) does that show how equal the league is or how poor the standard is

13. mowgli1960

That's 3 seasons in a row we've lost at home to Oxford, shocking considering they're crap! :steam:

14. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Poor defensively and not alot better going forward they were no better but put away more chances I like a ref who let's the game flow but the one today was non existent let everything go

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Both I think Phil. I didn't think we looked too good beating Luton to be honest - apart from that 3rd goal.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not good for crowd pulling

17. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Just got back from AP, frustrating afternoon. 1st half we simply weren't at the races, Bean might as well have been wearing an Oxford shirt, he was that useless! Meant that Mawson had to cover for him in midfield half the time, leaving space in behind us for them to exploit, which they did well. 1st goal was caused by Yennaris getting the wrong side of his man, then just simply letting him ghost past him & put a ball across the face which was tapped in. Second was finished from the penalty spot area after a cut back from the right wing, a consequence of Pierre (I think) having to cover for Bean leaving a man unmarked in the area. Should be noted that Fred was bundled over on the edge of their box 30 seconds earlier, clear free kick but not given.

Second half we came out all guns blazing for the first 15 minutes, Hayes scored after a bit of a scramble and we were pilling on the pressure. Then came the turning point of the entire game, Hayes slipped Fred in with only the keeper to beat & their centre back hauled him down. Clear foul and red card, but the officials totally bottled it. 5 minutes later, they went and scored a carbon copy of the first and we were pretty doomed from there. Was good to see Gaz throw men on to try and change the game, but bringing Wood & especially Saunders off was a mistake for me, Hogan did little in the 30 minutes he had. Pilled on the pressure in the last 10 minutes, Holloway scored with another carbon copy of Oxford's 1st goal, but it was too little too late.

18. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Ingram - 7: Couple of good saves, little he could do about any of the goals, looked pretty good under the crosses.
    Yennaris - 5.5: Totally at fault for the first goal, looked totally out of sorts & there was a total lack of communication between him, Mawson and Bean all afternoon.
    Mawson - 7: Effectively playing in two positions, couldn't really do anything for all 3 goals, reasonably solid defensively.
    Pierre - 6.5: Unusually inconsistent with his head today.
    Jacobson - 6.5: One vital goal saving tackle to prevent us going 3 down before half time, but kept lumping it forward when we would've been better to keep it on the ground.

Saunders - 7.5: My Wycombe MOTM, ran the show when he was switched to a more central role, after initially starting on the wing.
    Bean - 2: The worst performance I have seen from anyone in a Wycombe shirt in my 15 years of supporting us. Only made two tackles all afternoon, shirked out of headers and non-existent passing. What I would have given for Danny Rowe in that position today.
    Blooms - 7: Gave it his all, covering for Bean being incompetent as well as distributing the ball well.
    Wood - 7: Should've been given longer than 60 minutes, although may have been taken off with one eye on Burton. Ran & tackled like a terrier as always.

Hayes - 7.5: Grabbed a goal to get us back in the game, dropped in the hole to bridge the gap between Fred and the midfield, carried the side with Saunders.
    Fred - 6.5: A quiet day by his standards, could and should have been totally different if he hadn't been brought down when clean through.

Subs:
    Hogan - 5.5: Poor, replaced Saunders who had been the playmaker and did very little.
    Murphy - 6: Battled away but for little reward, seemed a little uninterested at times. Not sure if he'll still be here in 6 months time.
    Holloway - 6.5: Poor first touch let him down too often, needed to play up top rather than wide left. Got himself into the right place to score but was ultimately too late.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks for the updates. i reckon the long season for a small squad is taking its toll. A hammering on Monday could finish us off. i hope not. I can now see us in the play offs and maybe in the final against Plymouth

20. nd_wwfc75

nd_wwfc75 Member

The only positive I can find is we scored 2 goals whilst playing pony for about 80 minutes. I agree Saunders was our best player but he was fluffing a fair few passes which says it all I suppose. Bean was poor, and two of their goals were due to poor full back play where they got to the bye line and pulled it back for an unmarked player to stroke home. Very un-Wycombe like defending today.

To be fair to Oxford they harried and hustled us out of any kind of rhythm, and we were just resorting to long balls to nobody in particular. Reminded me a bit of us last season.

Still it was a derby and we've done well at Oxford in the recent past so not too down beat. I'll put that down to a bad day at the office.