1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Easter Derby Chairboys v Ewe’s NOT Good Friday

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 2, 2015.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No time for manning the lifeboats chaps. You are still points clear and they still have to catch you.

This is an absolute crap league with moderate football passing for great if you succeed. There is very little consistency anywhere and Bury are due a wobble given their run. Not only is it a crap league but the officials who infuriate us week in week out are even worse than crap. I have absolutely no idea where they get them from because I've yet to see a good one this season. They could give the lino flag to a beachball and it would see as much as some of them do. Why are they even there?

Still say you'll be ok.

2. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

we played pretty poorly today, especially in defence, but I would also like to add a positive spin on it. Going forward we still managed to score twice and create some good chances without playing particularly well, I would actually disagree with tom and say Ephraim made a decent impact off the bench (although it took him a while) but I wasn't sold on Holloway today. I would say that beans performance was appauling and that Yannaeris (whos barely put a foot wrong since joining us) should be looked at for the second goal in particular, also the first.

Id also like to comment on one refereeing decision. Whilst we can never entirely blame decisions like this, not giving a free kick and reducing oxford to ten men whilst it was 2-1 and wanderers were dominant was a game changing decision that absolutely baffled everyone in the ground - I think even the defender expected to walk for it. However the officials had no part to play in the goals, which we can only blame ourselves for

Today was a poor day in the office but I think we will be stronger Monday, we really have to be. Winning at adams park is proving such an issue but from our final 6 games if we can win the 3 away ones we may well be promoted with minimal required at home. It needs addressing next season badly and understanding why we do so badly at home is tough

3. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

<doh>There is one problem everyone has missed including me we were at home today and it wasn't a Saturday so no real suprise really we were never going to win we should be ok Saturday 11th against Cheltenham but I'm not holding out much hope for Tuesday 14th against Exeter and a draw on Monday would still be a good point

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any ideas why we can't play on our on pitch?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

It is a problem that really needs sorting having only won eight out of twenty home games (Mansfield have managed nine) & add in the end of last season & it is nine wins from 25 home games. But has sensiblegreeny says we are still third

6. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

one simple reason we are still third - weve won 12 games on the road out of a possible 20, losing only one. That record is remarkable

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Looking on the bright side of all our pessimism after Friday results we need three points to guarantee a play off place Burton & Shrewsbury already there

8. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Come on guys we need you stepping up your game to beat Burton and to help secure your place in the playoffs.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It could also help to ensure you go up as champions. Fingers crossed

Matster likes this.