1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ebbsfleet

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Apr 15, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

4-1 winners today against Eastbourne at home, even with Keds out injured.

Second in National League South, five points off the leaders with three left to play.

Point to note Drury nearing the end of his days plays for them, a player I said about five seasons ago we should have been going in to buy before Ipswich got their hands on him for a mere £150k!!!!

Today's attendance was a fantastic 2,500 or there abouts for a lowly non league game. At £12 per adult for decent football I'm not surprised.

Warning to Scally pull your finger out and learn from their lead. If they get National League status that could well become a big problem at Priestfield if their pricing tiers remain the same, along with easy and free street parking within walking distance.

With only being 20 minutes up the road from our ground, they could become the biggest threat to our hold on Kent football, especially with investment coming in from Paramount and with plans to build hotels, this could put Scally's dreams MASSIVELY in the shadows.

They are near to completing the current build and plans are already in to start building on the Plough Lane end in May. Ebbsfleet have also listened to the fans and agreed to a new build of standing terrace that can be changed at a later date if regulations dictate.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Dover or Maidstone are quite frankly in a lot better position to go into the football league rather than Ebbsfleet at the moment.

We'll be alright, we're still the pride of Kent after all.

3. brb

brb CR250

They are but Ebbsfleet are the greater financial potential at this current time for the future.

I've seen a number of plans for the future, I think their backer originally had money in Paramount. If this investment takes off it will leave Scally's dreams in the dark ages.

One of the stages is hotel rooms, and the club are aiming for it's own financial stability just from the stands, whether this includes built in hotel rooms I'm unsure but it is to avoid the previous problems when fans bought out the club.

And the best bit for me is it is on their existing ground/land and unlike Scally it is already work in progress not just a pipe dream.

Never really been over impressed with Maidstone and you know my thoughts on plastic pitches. As for Dover, I still bear previous life scars <laugh>

Ebbsfleet intrigue my curiosity, I remember watching them play as a young lad against the Gills at their place, then named Gravesend and Northfleet, but guess I was even stupid as a lad when I got off the train at Gravesend! Anyone who knows the area will realise my oversight, the clue in the name.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  4. brb

brb CR250

Oi alwaysright, got a great financial saving idea for you....On Away days.............You can fill in the gaps <laugh>

5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

If you're not careful I'll get you a two year season ticket- did I say I hate you ?<laugh>

brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Think about it mate, didn't Scally once want us to play in red, it could be a multi tasking shirt. I avoided the joke about two team shirts you notice.

7. brb

brb CR250

Second placed Ebbsfleet yesterday travelled to Maidenhead United for a top of the table clash in the National League South, where nearly 3,500 supporters turned up for the game.

Ebbsfleet won away 1-2 and it now goes to the final game of the season! Ebbsfleet remain 2 points behind Maidenhead but have a better goal difference, so Ebbsfleet will certainly be aiming to win in their last game at home if the leaders slip up.

I see Ebbsfleet are currently offering half season tickets for £99 and although they are titled half season tickets it states you can load ANY 10 matches of your choice on to the card. Unclear if that was for this season or next. So i'm assuming you can select any ten games during the season, so yet another idea for our Chairman, but will he take any notice...who knows!

So where i was saying they charge £12 per game, you can actually get in for a tenner.

8. alwaysright

As a STH you can't even choose which game you can use the ONE voucher we get

9. brb

brb CR250

Exactly my point, it seems other clubs are capable of offering proper incentives, from lowly Ebbsfleet, up to League side Bradford, both sides offering tickets for £10 per game and £6.50 per game respectively.

If Scally is serious about wanting to fill the stadium, dispense with the gimmicks and give proper offers. One's that draw the fans in a game after game and gives him our money up front!

Jeez I've even given examples on here on how it can be done, because to be honest some supporters have already said they are not coming back next season. Obviously I will be here until i die.

10. alwaysright

brb -
    please forgive me - I've just been drooling whilst watching Real Madrid v Barcelona - it was indeed an El Classico - and apart from broadband, it didn't cost me anything !

brb likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

Promoted to the National League today.

12. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Well done lads! Now push for Div 2

13. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Well done the Fleet, the pictures of the proposed new ground look good, if they can keep their Doctor whatsit on board they have every chance of achieving league status.

14. brb

brb CR250

The development of one of the new stands is already built and currently under going the internal stage of fitting and they managed it all without ondigital <whistle>

15. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Yes a chairman and partner with money to waste. Will never get it back. Would love someone to come to Gills with that much money.

16. brb

brb CR250

I think their plan is a long term goal to get it back. If Paramount eventually takes off, this will benefit them far greater than Scally's supermarket plan.

17. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Owner Spent 5million of his own money on stand and development already

18. alwaysright

.......................Which is probably what Scally ( and 'consultancy' from wives ), have taken out of the Club in the last 20+ years ! --- and just how much personal money has Scally invested in the Club (apart from the initial £1) ?
    As I see it - the only difference between me and Mr. Scally is that one of us is financially stupid ----- YES , it is me ( £740 & counting for the next 2 years)

gioblues likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

I think he originally had shares in paramount, and i think he withdrew that holding, not sure if it was something to do with the delays in development.

However,the development order is due before the government in November this year, it is then predicted that development may start in 2019 it will take 3 years to complete at a forecast cost of £3.5 BILLION! With also the creation of 33,000 jobs, I think if any one tries to stop the go ahead of this development, they must be crazier than me. It's going on the empty space of the Swanscombe peninsula, so i expect a few short sighted bird watches will be out in force.

The benefits this will bring to Ebbsfleet and the surrounding areas from miles around with tourism will be unprecedented in this country. Maybe this will explain some of the rumours some years back about a certain Chairman considering Rochester for a new stadium...can't remember his name <whistle>

20. brb

brb CR250