1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Effect of Brexit

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Davylad, Mar 26, 2016.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051g5rj

TD says it too.....

I think we seem to have a quicker turnover of players, many of whom are half-decent, than ever.....

2. yorkshirehornet

I have checked it ... and yes it is....

Of course, this is spoken English in written form.....

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  3. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Macron has described the EU as dysfunctional and in need of reform or else there may be Frexit.

4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

5. superhorns

This time next week I will be in Croatia as part of my European tour to persuade the johnny foreigners to behave and give old blighty a cracking deal. I'll tell them about the UK's strong and stable government in case they have not heard.

6. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They will probably think you are talking about horses.

superhorns likes this.
  7. superhorns

I manage to end up speaking French in every country apart from France, where I need it!!

8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I manage to talk French in England which gets some very bemused looks. Forget where you are here and speak English and the chances are that the person did it at school and will want to try his skills out on you.

9. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Interesting to see on a different Watford forum that they are holding a GE poll. Seems as if the Brexiteers are in a bit of a minority there as well.

10. yorkshirehornet

I wonder if it is location specific.... i.e if we supported say Stoke would we be saying something similar.. i personally wouldn't but the demographics would be different

11. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Looking around the various 606 boards a lot of them have political threads, and some of them have a biase, one way or the other - but I think it is largely coincidence ie. the people who happen to be using them, rather than telling us anything about the area itself. Most of us 606ers have left our original location anyway. The most pro Brexit board I found was Bristol City - but I don't think this tells us anything about Bristol.

12. superhorns

The mock surprise the EU negotiators have expressed when the UK firmly rejected payment of the enormous bribe is laughable. This is obviously part of their devious cunning plan. An agreement is very doubtful, certainly not until very late in the tight time schedule. There will have to be transitional arrangement if at all.

13. yorkshirehornet

I find it odd that you declare the financial obligations we have signed up for to be held as a bribe for departure.

If you rented a house and wished to leave before your tenancy ended you would be obligated to pay for the rest of the tenancy.

Painting the EU negotiators who are acting on behalf of the 27 in this way implies that the UK is somehow more honourable??

I cannot buy that

Hornet-Fez and andytoprankin like this.
  14. Jennings60s

Jennings60s Active Member

Unfortunately I suspect that instead of a civilised beneficial negotiation both sides will engage in dirty tricks. The EU have clearly leaked large figures without back up so it is not surprising the UK will object. The UK always has and always will pay what it has signed for so this should not have been raised except as a minor point to say the UK will need to remember that its fees did not end last June. Making them a precursor to trade talks implies a lack of trust of the UK which itself is shabby. Let us not try to paint one side or the other as good guys. There is a lot of posturing.

andytoprankin likes this.
  15. Jennings60s

If you are talking about the Watford forum I have seen it is also interesting to see how much better balanced it is. 35% Tory, 30% LibDem, 25% Lab and 5% for Greens and others. It means the discussion has contributions from all sides rather than the one-sided debate here.
    I also note it is much larger than this one - for example nearly 11,000 people viewed the Liverpool thread and they have a special running section during the match, which has hundreds of contributions. I also note some ex-posters from here are there and one or two post both there and here.
    Does not have the "personal" touch this board has though as with a lot more people it is more anonymous.

16. superhorns

Most on here would hyperventilate with that percentage of Tories. They are probably all lying down at the moment :emoticon-0102-bigsm

17. Jennings60s

I could be mean and say that nobody seems to actually argue the Tory case on here. But I am a gentleman so could not stoop so low.

oldfrenchhorn likes this.
  18. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

I didn't know if Macron was a person or the kit manufacturer that now have their name on Bolton's stadium.

19. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

For nine months the EU have had a chief and assistant negotiator in place to carry out the work that must be done. When will the UK find people to fill these roles?

20. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

In response to the re-calculated size of the Brexit divorce bill, the Tories appear to be now arguing that UK doesn't owe EU anything given the size of contributions it has made over past 40 years.

An interesting precedent there... #ScotRef