1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ehab Speaks

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by hovetiger, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

The Premier League money is flawed security because it can be withheld from the club under the rules. Something acknowledged by the bank in the debenture. Its not like real property or even book debts.

2. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Which makes me think it might be security for a capped overdraft limit.

But we won't find out until May 2018 when accounts will be due for 2016/17 unless the owners volunteer the information beforehand.

3. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

The devil is in the detail we don't get to see. 18months of tv payments is anything up to £150m at current rates. The bank will want a return on its investment. The question is how much risk they are willing to take.

£60m (arbitrary figure) for future returns of £150m is a good deal. Relegation probably reduces 18 months of tv money to £90m? Still a pretty good deal for little risk.

Allams get £60m (again, arbitrary) plus £10m for Livermore plus £10m for Snodgrass. Pay £1m for 6 month loan. Then change the sale price for the club to £1.

Just one potential scenario.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  4. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Quite possibly.

However, to say the security is flawed is wrong. It can be withheld but the chances of that being done are very minimal, and given that other clubs have done similar deals in the past (I.e borrowing funds against parachute payments) highlights to me a number of lenders consider it adequate security. Which I fully understand why.

You have to weigh up the risk and in my opinion the risk of the funds not being paid to the club is quite small.

We can only speculate, however, given their past track record, I look at it negatively.

As I have said above, the risk to the bank is minimal in my eyes, and depending on how much they have borrowed the risk to reward is worth doing.

5. Obadiah

This year's £100 million is already spent which is why they have gone to the bank. That leaves two years parachute payments. If that money isn't spent on players and keeping the club competitive then it could remain with the Premier League leaving the bank with next to nothing. The money from Livermore's sale will be over two or three years and this season's portion will have paid for the employment of Silva, his staff and this window's transfer deals. The only way the Allams will get any money back is either by ripping off the banks and putting us into administration or by staying in the Premier League. From what I've seen I suggest its the latter.

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Wheee will the money go that was paying for our previous manager & his team?

7. Obadiah

Hull City Tigers Limited is insolvent without the support of the Allams. If the club goes into administration after the Allams get repaid and sell the club how much of the Premier League money will the bank get? They get what's left, if anything, after the football creditors have been paid. I'd expect any bank to look at the risks before making the decision to lend any money.

8. City1904

Oh I completely agree, and I've said it numerous times the bank will weigh up the risks, but to me the risk is minimal. If Hull City remain a Premier League club we would easily be able to be 'competitive' in this league without further funding from the Allams. To think we couldn't be is wrong as a number of clubs, such as Burnley have the same income as us and compete.

9. Obadiah

In compensation and to pay for Marco Silva's team. Presumably Phelan will get the full value of his contract so its just a question of whether Marco Silva's backroom staff are cheaper. than Phelan's.

10. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

do we still get the parachute payments if we get promoted again

11. Obadiah

I haven't said that though. I think the security covers a bridging loan to try and keep us in the Premier League. I may be completely wrong but I think some of the payments for the £23 bank loan have been rearranged in order to finance this month's transfer activity. As a result the bank have asked and got the charge.

Allamhouse gave up its charge on the Premier League money in April, no doubt because they thought the bank might want some security down the line. All guesses though.

12. Obadiah

I don't think so, just the Premier League monies. Doesn't anything left get distributed amongst the championship clubs?

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Only relegated clubs get the parachute payments, if you get promoted again, they cease.

14. charon-the-ferryman

I thought so - Obi was talking about 2 years parachute payments and I naturally assumed they would cease - cheers

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The bank will work on the basis that we will be relegated, we're favourites to do so and they have to work on a worst case scenario anyway, there's no way they'll base any of their calculations on us staying in the Premier League.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  16. charon-the-ferryman

certainly not with Ehab at the helm

17. City1904

I don't disagree..... My view is still the same, the risk of not getting said parachute payments (Which is their security) is very minimal.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  18. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I posted earlier that if we go bankrupt/admin whatever, Allam Marine will only get 10% of debt. However Allam Tigers will only pay out 10%. So no net loss to them?
    By selling the debt to the bank now (Allam Marine get all the money now), the bank will receive 10% of the debt, and Allam Tigers will still only pay out 10%. Massive gain for Allams. So these selling loans are manoeuvring for bankruptcy? Discuss
    I know nothing about corporate finance, just as you know a hell of lot of common sense.

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  19. tigerbalm

tigerbalm Active Member

Can't see that happening!

20. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Yes