1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Emergency Loan Window

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep of these guys went out on loan.
    I would presume there was some kind of recall provision though if there was a period of really bad injuries.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/09/new...players-out-when-emergency-loan-window-opens/

Newcastle are set to try and move out another five players when the emergency loan window opens on Wednesday 9 September

Newcastle are set to try and move another five players when the emergency loan window opens for business, according to reports this morning. The slightly misleadingly named ’emergency loan window’ allows Football League clubs to borrow players for a period of between 28 and 93 days.

This window of opportunity lasts from 9 September to 25 November this autumn, it does make you wonder exactly why they bother having a week in between the summer transfer window closing and this one opening.

Effectively, a three month loan would allow deals to be done to take players up to January when the winter transfer window opens. According to the Northern Echo, they understand that Newcastle United are going to try and move out five players with first team experience to Football League clubs. The five being; Mike Williamson, Gael Bigirimana, Yoan Gouffran, Curtis Good and Rob Elliot.

None of the five look to have any future at Newcastle, with the possible exception of Curtis Good – if he ever gets to the bottom of his injury problems. Both Mike Williamson and Yoan Gouffran featured in the team that beat Northampton 4-1 in the League Cup, though neither have managed any minutes on the pitch in the Premier League this season.

The signing of Karl Darlow has completely frozen out Rob Elliot, whilst it is March 2013 since Gael Bigirimana managed to get onto the pitch in a Premier League match

2. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I always thought that Rob Elliott was crap. Glad that we are trying to get rid.
    As for the others:

Gouffran - He will end up either back in France or a Championship club. His level.
    Williamson - Tries his very best, but is Championship quality. Good luck to him.
    Bigirimana - I just don't think he's progressed.
    Curtis Good - A drain on resources. He is always injured. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up down under.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

4. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I wish they would loan colback out

5. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I could well be missing something here, but, could someone please explain, how Elliot, Willo and Bigi can all go out on loan.

As they are Three of the Nine HGP players in the squad they can't all leave, surely.

That being the case, some journo should be strung up for spreading malicious gossip.

6. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

If they are name a part of the 25 man squad for the season then if they go on loan they can still be a part of our 25 man squad which gets around the HGP ruling?!

I think that happened with one Darlow/LAscelles when we first signed them and loaned them back.

7. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Thanks. <ok>
    My first thought is that it seems like more manipulation of the rules, but, I'm not sure the club would actually get any advantage out of it.
    Lack of foresight perhaps.

8. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

At this stage it seems pointless letting so many players go out on loan.

Injuries will come thick and fast and we need to keep the numbers up for safety and to stiffen competition for places.

9. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

The naming of these players in the 25 man squad (see below) would suggest we are not going to loan them out.

25 man Premier League Squad:

Anita, Vurnon San Benito
    Bigirimana, Gael
    Cisse, Papiss Demba
    Colback, Jack Raymond
    Coloccini, Fabricio
    Darlow, Karl
    De Jong, Siem
    Dummett, Paul
    Elliot, Robert
    Good, Curtis
    Gouffran, Yoan
    Gutierrez, Ayoze Perez
    Haidara, Massadio
    Janmaat, Daryl
    Krul, Timothy
    Lascelles, Jamaal
    Marveaux, Sylvain
    Obertan, Gabriel
    Riviere, Emmanuel
    Sissoko, Moussa
    Taylor, Steven
    Thauvin, Florian
    Tiote, Cheik Ismael
    Wijnaldum, Georginio
    Williamson, Michael

10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Nice to see we still have a Gutierrez

There is still some utter dross in our ranks mind isn't there

11. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Don't forget the under 21s aren't included in the 25 man squad, hence Mbemba, Mitro, Toney, Roberts, Aarrons etc will be added.

Squad is 30 plus, so you would expect them to be offloaded if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.