1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Enemies Playing Today. 4/2/17

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 4, 2017.

1. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

How could any club get rid of a manager who won the prem and in the champions league with an unfashionable club get rid of him,just because some over paid dickheads knock on the door wanting rid of the manager it's disgraceful.

We have our issues but for the most we have always been with the managers,and i am pretty sure if we had their success and now in there position we would not be calling for our managers head,it would be a case of well we have a good chance to come back up with him.

2. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

Allah make a note of it.

3. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

I would think they're referring to Ulloa throwing his toys out the pram and talking about how he has been 'betrayed' and refusing to play for Ranieri. It is a lot easier for the players to blame Ranieri than to look to themselves to explain what has gone so horribly wrong. Fact is, today they looked like an average Championship team. What the **** happened last season? (Apart from Arsenal bottling the best chance they will ever have to win the Prem...)

pudseytiger likes this.
  4. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we've bagged that for this year...

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  5. bjbarney

bjbarney Member

They went from relegation contenders to champions in one season. Is it such a surprise they can go the other way in a season? Said for a while Leicester look in deep trouble! Should of strengthened more in the summer and at the January transfer window!

6. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Great weekend of results especially as the 'big clubs' usually beat the strugglers and we managed to take one of them down which is almost like a bonus point in the grand scheme of things.

Leicester have it all to do now, it's very very hard to reverse a slide and go from battling for the PL crown to staving off relegation.. they need to sack Raneiri and bring in... wait for it.. Nige!!

Am I right or am I right?

7. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Why the **** is there a helicopter on the pitch at leicester?

8. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

It's the Thais loading it up with their money..

9. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Don't think theyll be singing nessun dorma after this season

10. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Heard that Ranieri and his backroom staff had fallen out with each other.

pudseytiger likes this.

11. Citygirl

Citygirl Well-Known Member

Good weekend for us .

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/03/claudio-ranieri-unrest-leicester-city-players-staff

Claudio Ranieri faces growing unrest among Leicester players and staff

• Manager has become increasingly distant from backroom staff
    • Tactics and selection decisions have left squad scratching heads

Claudio Ranieri believes the promise he made to Leicester City’s owners at the start of last season to stay with the club in the event of relegation should mean that his loyalty is repaid during a hugely disappointing second campaign, yet there is growing unrest among players and staff about the team’s predicament and the Italian’s management style in the face of a crisis.

Although there is no suggestion that Ranieri’s job is under immediate threat, the Premier League champions are now just two points clear of the relegation zone after winning only one of their past eight league matches and the spotlight is starting to fall on the manager as much as his underperforming players.

Leicester are showing all the symptoms of Cityitis
    In a season that has badly unravelled, the Guardian has learned that Ranieri has become increasingly distant from members of his backroom team and is in danger of losing his grip on the dressing room, where some of the tactical changes and selection decisions have left players scratching their heads. Ranieri has made alterations in a desperate attempt to try to engender a reaction from a team who are clearly struggling and short of confidence, yet players have been left bewildered at times.

Team spirit has also suffered and that is not just a product of poor results. It is understood there was a strange incident after one match when the players were told that their opponents had been briefed beforehand about problems with egos and bad attitudes in the Leicester squad. That story caused a storm because it was alleged that the information had initially come via someone in the Leicester camp.

Ranieri is 65 years old and has been managing long enough to know that it is never a smooth ride when results turn, but he badly needs to galvanise a group of players who are in danger of becoming the first top-flight champions to be relegated since Manchester City in 1938.

Leicester play Manchester United at home on Sunday and then host Derby County in an FA Cup fourth-round replay on Wednesday, yet the critical game in everyone’s mind is the trip to Swansea City on Sunday week. Swansea are now behind Leicester only on goal difference. The Midlands club have lost their past three league games and are yet to score a top-flight goal in 2017, with Ranieri now second favourite to be the next Premier League manager dismissed. “Everything is possible,” Ranieri said, when it was put to him that there was a feeling in football that he was “unsackable” because of last season.

Asked whether he felt he should not be under pressure given his extraordinary title success, Ranieri replied: “Look, it’s not my philosophy to think about this. If my thoughts go there, I remember what was said by the vice-chairman [Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha] the first time I met him: ‘If we go down, you stay with us?’ And I said: ‘Yes.’ Now why [should] I have to think about this? I’m thinking to fight and to survive, that’s it.”

Although Ranieri maintained ahead of the United game that his playing style is “always the same”, he has chopped and changed the side and altered the system far more this season, on occasions at extremely short notice. When Leicester travelled to Copenhagen in the Champions League, the first anyone knew that they were playing a 3-4-3 system was less than two hours before kick-off.

In the 3-0 Premier League defeat at home against Chelsea last month, players were visibly confused at times as to what was being asked of them. The following week Ranieri opted for a midfield diamond against Southampton, when Leicester were again beaten 3-0. There is a feeling that Leicester have moved away from what made them successful last season, becoming too preoccupied with opponents rather than playing to their own strengths.

For all that, there is no escaping the fact that the players must also take their share of the blame. Key individuals have not come close to hitting the standards they set last season. Riyad Mahrez, the PFA player of the year last season, has been unrecognisable from the winger who tormented defenders. Jamie Vardy has scored only five times. Danny Drinkwater’s form has suffered, and Wes Morgan and Robert Huth are a long way from being that impenetrable partnership at the back.

The bottom line is that everyone needs to improve, from Ranieri to the players. “I know only one way: if you are a loser in this moment, you go down,” the Leicester manager said. “If you are a fighter in the bad moment you show your strength. Now is our moment to show our strength.”

pudseytiger likes this.
  13. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

Given the meaning of the song I'd say it was more appropriate this season than last.

14. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Lot of dicks out there who don't understand the roller-coaster nature of football, and the importance of continuity. It's the press that drum this **** up trying to be clever & look good.
    It appears you missed the biblical reference given the running theme.

15. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Michael Owen is about to sign for them?

16. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

For most of the Leicester players that won the title last season it was the pinnacle of their career.

How can you motivate mainly 'journeyman' players that know the achievement of 2015/16 will never be repeated ?

It takes extremely hard work to win things but it's even harder to defend titles.

17. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Meltdown on the Leicester boards right now...Talk about heroes to zero's.
    Vardy's rubbish etc..etc...
    They all to a man seem to think they're heading for the relegation trap-door.

Geez, I hope so.

bobby ace and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  18. Mark de Klein

Mark de Klein Well-Known Member

Yeah, ugly ain't he

19. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

They're taking Ranieri for a ride...!! Shame is they'll be dropping him off shortly.

20. TigerinSydney

TigerinSydney Well-Known Member

Sounds like they'll be singing 'Hit the road Jack' soon