1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ESPN's Greatest Sporting Cities 2015

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by EnderMB, Aug 4, 2015.

1. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

http://en.espn.co.uk/espnukcities/sport/espnukcities/index.html

This was built in collaboration with the Universities of Bath and Gloucestershire, so it seems to have some weight to it.

It's interesting to see that Bristol is just behind Liverpool as a sporting city.in 7th. We're ranked pretty highly on most things, but surprise surprise, we're the lowest city on transport and accessibility.

Mind the gap! likes this.
  2. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

There is a University of Gloucestershire??

Both of Bristol's stadiums are poor for accessibility. AG will be nice when finished but the terrible car parking and transport will always be an issue that will stop attendances being where we need them to be.

if The Gas get the UWE stadium, they will be far better placed, albeit with a worse team.

3. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

Yep, a few mates went there. It's as good as you can imagine...

The stadium at UWE is a good idea, but anyone that has ever been around UWE at rush hour will know, any sort of traffic around that area leads to an absolute standstill. It's close enough to Parkway to make train travel an option, but anyone driving around that area is going to have a bad time unless there are plans to make the access a bit better around that area.

The locals would go absolutely apeshit over students parking outside of their houses. I remember visiting a friend at the SU, and some old man threatening to break my windscreen if I didn't move my car. I'm surprised that they didn't fully kick off over the stadium. They certainly will when they see the traffic...

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed we as a city are that high when you consider the piss poor infrastructure of the whole city in general in terms of traffic, transport, costs etc