1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Euro 2012

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymjools, May 29, 2012.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well they may as well have played them dead or not. Agree another boring display. All those people who applaud the passing game should be made to sit in a darkened room and watch endless Spain games until they have themselves certified insane. France were abysmal however. Typical French attitude however where they get themselves into a position to do something and bottle it or rather don't seem to care much. They need 11 Ruberry style players. At least he tries and plays as if he cares. Out with a whimper and I suspect the French press will slaughter them again and rightly so. If England get beat tomorrow then I just hope it is with a bit of pride and effort. There is no shame in being beaten by a better side as long as you don't just roll over.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

And they played that 4:6:0 formation again. God forbid that they win it, I'll support anyone that can stop them!

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No penalty shoot-outs as yet........does it point to the obvious humiliation for us tonight against Italy ? I'm nearly too scared to turn the telly on tonight.

Maybe we'll win tonight......and the humiliation will be then given to the Germans in the semi-final to crush us one more time from the penalty spot........on second thoughts that would mean that they weren't good enough to beat us in extra time.....so it aint all bad news.......if we can manage only to lose by one penalty 5-4 that wouldn't be too bad.

Of course it could be even worse.......say they miss a penalty.......building up our hopes that we might win.......then for us to miss two penalties.......good grief the pain would be more excruciating........I must finish this before I become a jibbering idiot.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Relaxed, focused and ready to go are England, according to Welbeck....we shall see. On that statement we should see some attacking football without hanging back for long periods so prove yourselves tonight and get people talking! :emoticon-0103-cool:

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So I got the team wrong ....delete Germany...add Italy.......I'm nearly psychic.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Surely you mean Psycotic? You were for switching your TV on in the first place.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Psychic.....being able to read the future,will do for me....sensible.

Psycotic is a mental illness....which most England and Argyle fans have leanings towards I must admit ....sensible.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's a Harry Rednap nervous twitch we have all developed plym not psycosis. You do learn to be twitchy watching Argyle and it has always been thus with England.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Strange how the quarter-finals were played.......Germany having two extra rest days over the Italians....who must be well knackered after playing 2hrs + a penalty shoot-out against England..........the Portugal v Spain games has the same anomaly......who works these things out.......surely someone who hasn't had to play in such matches.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The players do bugger all else but play football plym it's their job. Nobody gave me a rest between working and they are supposed to be peek fit. Most teams do 3 matches in 5 or 6 days over Christmas and depending how it falls maybe 4 in just over a week when a Saturday is thrown in somewhere.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well shock horror surprise surprise Spain make it through. I thought Portugal did well in the first half and probably deserved to get something for their efforts and Spain looked a shaddow. From the kick off second half to be honest I thought it had 0 - 0 written all over it and penalties. Spain only seemed to try for the last half hour.

What a load of cheating barstewards footballers are though. The feigned injury hystrionics from both sides was just as shocking as it was probably expected. Lost count of the bookings and it was a bit of a shock that 22 players stayed on the field with this Ref. I hope Germany qualify now and give Spain a good spanking in the final because they won't be a push over like some teams are who just sit back and allow Spain to keep the ball. I think Italy would make it a very boring final.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ronaldo saw himself on the big screen while preparing to take a free kick..........and ran his fingers through his hair to put in place a slightly ruffled lock that marred his appearance.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

As good a player as he is, and he is a good player, his vanity knows no bounds which spoils him as a character. Portugal are pretty much a one trick team and it absolutely is all about Ronaldo. Not his fault as the Manager decides how they play. You would just love to see him skid 10 yards through a mud pond though wouldn't you. He would have to go off for a shower and change.

14. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

If Ronaldo had been playing to his potential, Portugal might well have gone ahead in the first half or from one of several free kicks and then Spain could have been out. Ah well, into every life some rain must fall, we'll have to watch them again in the Final. Mind you, with the centre forwards fielded by the two teams, you can see why Spain have opted for a 4:6:0 formation.

I agree on the diving, step forward Busquets for MotM on that one yet again. Ref was useless also, it appears not only is tackling now illegal, so is jumping to head the ball. If football goes on this way, I may join the Society For Putting Things On Top Of Other Things for some excitement.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

notDistant.......Watching paint drying takes some beating......the urge to just touch it just to see if it is dry yet.......it is hard to contain oneself at times like that.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I am hopeful the Germans will win tonight because I think they are the only ones to upset the Spanish. Not to mention they are also a very good team. If I could choose a model on how to play football it would be the German way. They are skillfull, quick, pass well and have a go at scoring. I know they can be a bit mechanical in the way they do it all but it is better than just lumping it forward or passing it to death. Never thought I'd see myself praising a German side but needs must I'm afraid. They are good to watch.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well sensible...........the Italians are winning 2-0 and deserve to be winning....and it's coming up to the hour mark.......and they look at present as if they could score again.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Hats off to the Italians who tonight were quite brilliant. If, and it is a big if, they play like that in the final and don't revert to normal for them then it should be a cracker. Pirlo is the man of the tournament for me right now. Talk about Spanish passing but the guy is incredible.

What happened to the German tank? This was a shadow of the way they have played up to now. Not a shambles because they weren't bad but they were absolutely and utterly outplayed for most of the game. Good old Mario grabs the headlines again but this time for all the right reasons. His second goal was stunning to say the least and without doubt the goal of the competition so far. I am stunned that Italy won that match but even more stunned at the manner of their victory.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

What a great result ......Germany beaten........and also for a bonus Nadal beaten as well......ok I'm mixing my sports but two results that didn't look on earlier in the day.

Italy who had two days less to recover were all over Germany.....and I must admit it was great to see German fans in shock and actually crying with still 30 minutes to play .

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

As opposed to the English fans who are crying before the plane has even taken off with the team in it. I can't do this "hate Germany" thing plym. Fact is if they are better than us then it's just a fact of life and better at penalties also. As I said, the Italians shocked me tonight but it was a decent game to watch for a change.