1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Euro 2016 Competition

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Ste D, Jun 8, 2016.

1. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

One FC Bayern youngster in each team so I am torn!

Roll on the opening of the Bundesliga on 26 August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

France 2-0 Portugal

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Are we to expect another snooze-fest Kenny, with FC Bayern 15 points clear in the Winterpause? Nothing wrong with Bayern winning the title but a little bit more competition for them would be no bad thing.

SwanHills likes this.
  4. bayernkenny

In all likelihood yes, and it could be worse with Dortmund 'shedding' their best players. They must hold onto Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the face of an onslaught from the wealth of the EPL clubs who treat the Bundesliga like Aldi or Lidl! No other teams have the pool of players or consistency to challenge FC Bayern.

Cannot hide my admiration for Marco Reuss who continues to extend his contracts with Dortmund. Even more admirable when he has unluckily missed the last two International tournaments which of course would have earned him a WC winner's medal and the obvious interest from FC Bayern which would certainly earn him domestic honours plus, possibly, Champion's League glory.

Sorry about all the cliches!

OddDog and SwanHills like this.
  5. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

You know, Bayern could win every bloody game? Even Rummi Rummyhummyniggy and 'Harry' Hoeness would have to think about things then? <laugh>

(Der Kaiser won't be bothered, nothing bothers him anymore, way down in Salzburg. He's doing OK, as long as he keeps his trap shut).

Wife just watched her favourite weekly show on BR, "Stammtisch", and one guest passed the remark, "you know, if it were possible, the Bayern team would have won this Euro tournament right now." Possibly, but why can't they win the Champions League, then?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  6. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Lads I would be happy to run a premier league compo starting next month if we got the numbers.Rules would be similar to the above but maybe you can pick a diff striker/midfielder every week.Of course it would be a long enough compo which might put some folk off?!!

Ron likes this.
  7. bayernkenny

With the two additions and any more added under Ancelotti's guidance this would not be the greatest shock in football (Leicester City - Nottingham Forest) however surely, as in recent past years, Borussia Monchengladbach will attain at least a draw either in the home or away game!

Only recently remembered to have a gander at the final positions in Bundesliga 2; thank goodness '1860' escaped relegation. You have, previously, kindly outlined their current difficulties; cheers.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  8. bayernkenny

What do you have to do? Have a stab at the correct scores in all ten EPL matches each weekend?

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I run a league 2 comp and an FA Cup each year but they are betting comps where each player has a grand to bet with each month. Don't know if anything like that would be of interest to you Ste. It provides the opportunity to not bet every week as long as the minimum is staked and also allows re-investment of profits

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If so I think there are comps like this already run every year. Unless of course it is to be restricted to just the horse racing forum (and guests maybe)

11. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should do a Soccer Saturday Super Six group ? Just download the app on your smart phone and someone create a group

12. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be the idea Kenny-We could do a monthly and an overall winner.Ideally we would want at least ten participants to make it feasible.
    Ron I would be happy enough to leave it as a betting compo because of the amount of games involved but I do like the idea and would be ideal for Fa cup

13. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

14. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Not true, stick. I have France to be runners-up so I get nothing if they win. You will overhaul karlos if France win (ten points) and you have the correct score (five points) and it is not 3-0.

There is a mathematical way that I could win this competition at the last hurrah: if I predicted a dour 0-0 stalemate with Portugal winning on penalties, I would pick up eleven points (five for the correct score, six for France as runners-up). As I do not see that happening, my prediction:

Portugal 1-3 France

Kind of ironic that technically France are designated as the away team even though the game is in Paris.

This competition has been more entertaining than a lot of the Euro 2016 football, so thanks to Ste D for running it and to everyone who has took part in good humour.

15. stick

stick Bumper King

You are right as usual QM. The ten points for having the winner will make all the difference.

16. stick

stick Bumper King

France 3-1 Portugal

17. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

All in vein for me but we'll plod on with France 2-0 Portugal

Great comp Ste <cheers>

18. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Smart move, stick. If France win, a correct score puts you top. Need France to score early because then Portugal cannot park the bus as they have all tournament.

Pogba really needs to deliver to justify Mourinho wanting him at Man Utd.

19. stick

stick Bumper King

I was actually hoping for an early Portugal goal. My reckoning was 1-1 in regulation and France getting two in ET.

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Are the score predictions 90 mins or aet?