1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Europa League 2016/17

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fatletiss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. mungo

mungo Member

Just had word from the club that the tickets are to remain on sale to Official Members only, and that they won't go on General Sale.

Seems strange, no? I'm sure there will be a few pissed off fans if so!

2. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Well. No holiday left off work. So, why did i do? Buy a bloody ticket of course!!!!!!!!

Spoke to my boss (thought be upfront with him), and he said can't guarantee time off, but will let me know :) thought it is worth losing £25 for the game of a lifetime :)

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I respect your honesty. Let's hope your boss does too, cos now you can't go sick <laugh>

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  4. mungo

mungo Member

Update, further confirmation of this. The club say they need to confirm everyone attending is a Southampton Fan and have attended a game without causing problems.

Bit of a ****ter for my non member mate who's got flights with me!

Any suggestions?

5. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Does he have a purchase history? Might be that he can buy the membership for 25 quid at the same time?

6. mungo

mungo Member

Unfortunately not. Anytime we go I always get the tickets using my account. Might have to chance it on another membership number.

7. jacksk1

jacksk1 Well-Known Member

Or just do what loads of others have done before the extra tickets were announced - add a friend to your online account that isn't going but is an Official Member and then buy the ticket using the added member but enter your mate's passport details.

8. mungo

mungo Member

Think that's going to be the best bet. I'm a bit concerned that the ticket office will be cross referencing the membership names with passport details. I know there's a separate form, but it seems odd that they wouldn't. Best bet I think!

Now, to find an eligible number to add to my account.

Any takers?!

9. frankimus

frankimus Active Member

From what the ticket office told me earlier in the week, and if they are strict about actually doing these checks, alot of people are going to be turned away at the gate.

I told them this over the phone, that their ticket buying process did not make it at all clear that you cant enter somebody elses passport details that dont match the account details. They told me they disagree and that it is perfectly clear and nobody will do that.

Reading this forum is seems like many people have done that.

10. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

I think it's been pretty clear that the supporter number (account) that the ticket is credited to should match the passport. People have just taken the risk

11. frankimus

frankimus Active Member

The actually changed the website yesterday morning to explicitly say what you just said, probably as a result of myself and countless others asking the same question. The wording they had up before the change was something along the lines of "passport details will be collected on purchase and must match the passport details of the supporter at the gate". That wording does not make it clear the passport details must also match the account used to buy. Hence many people on here and elsewhere entering other peoples passport details because the account holder themselves cant go.

Considering the volume of supporters travelling to Milan, such a simple bad description of the process could give the club alot of angry supporters on their hands

12. thereisonlyoneno7

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

My Boss said yes!!!!! Ticket Bought, Flights & hotel sorted (£382 all in). I am going to the San Siro!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually so excited i cant stop grinning :)

13. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

I've got about 7 weeks leave that I will never use, if anyone wants to borrow a couple of days. :(

14. BassettSaint

BassettSaint Active Member

Not just saying this cause I might be caught out...but it's not really.

Even the most recent update only says 'Only the supporter registered against the ticket will be admitted to the stadium. Internazionale will be checking the ID of every supporter at the turnstiles and will compare this to the information that the club has sent them.'

From this you could easily take that the 'supporter registered against the ticket' and 'the information that the club has sent them' is the information that is entered when you go to purchase the ticket - name and passport.

I don't know why they don't simply adamantly say that the ticket can only be assigned to the respective Membership / Season Ticket holder if that is indeed the case.

15. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Arrrrgh. Pretty much my whole family have just told me they are going. Never talking to them again.

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

Are you sure? I thought it just said all members with a purchase history?

It's going to be shame that a lot of people might get turned away... hope it doesn't cause trouble on the night.

17. NorfolkSaint

NorfolkSaint Well-Known Member

Nicely done.
    Stansted is by far the closest to me so I've gone for there to Bergamo. Will train from there and have a cheap hotel booked outside the city centre. Job done and I'm beyond excited.

San Siro Baby!!

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

What's your seat number? Trying to gauge how many we've sold.

19. thereisonlyoneno7

No number yet, just the email form Saints confirming ticket purchase and thy will post it to me :)

20. Libby

Libby 9-0

It's not the actual seat number but if you go in purchase history there's a long number of all 0's then a 4 digit number.

Think mine was 4,900.