1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Everton away

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Apr 26, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nah.. Want Cahill to replace Costa as a striker.
    Cahill should be nowhere in that Defense.

2. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Costa starts to play his usual game only after we are 2 goals up.. WTF was that??

3. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Take it all back Cahill - massive goal, still expect Spuds to be on our coat tails at the end of the evening though.

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

tbh - Cahill should have got his 2nd yellow for that goal celebration. Moss was lenient there.
    Stupidity from Cahill. He is our captain ffs.

But thank FCUK - Everton & Koeman were in beach there.

5. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Champions!!!

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

little early, but this is a massive win.
    even a loss against Boro will not be too bad compared to dropped points here.

This week is PIVOTAL.

7. The Ginger Marks

That win was the title clincher.

armchairblue likes this.
  8. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Not over till the seriously obese woman sings - but psychologically that win was huge considering Eden & Costa were on gardening leave today.

StanDMan likes this.
  9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

<laugh> spot on mate.

Gardening leave was helped by beach boy Toffees.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Perfect performance when it mattered, Pedro, a star, Willian a star, Fabregas, did just what was needed of him, Conte changed things for the better again. Whole team played very well, Cahill made a great block early on. Everton played their part, they wanted a win and not a draw, so did we. My old mate Costa was not helped by referee Moss, who a few times failed to give free kicks after Costa was fouled. So credit to Costa who looked interested 2nd game in a row. Now don't slip up against the sides who we expect will play 7 across the back.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Thought costa was pretty bad and it was a pretty dour game.

Kudos for Pedro and for the team making sure it was finished at 3-0. However i was pretty frustrated by Conte. It was a win bourne out of the quality of our players in this case a wonder strike by pedro but i don't think it was a conte masterclass. It was clear Costa was marked out/starting to argue and Hazard was marked out of it by Gueye. It left it to pedro who was pretty wasteful until his wondergoal and through kante and matic who both are not creative, Alonso and Moses pretty did nothing except cross it out for goal kicks (alonso).

It was screaming out for Fab to come on earlier as we pretty much didn't create anything until Pedros screamer (costa missed a sitter first half through a long ball and Hazard missed his 1 on 1 for an interception but that is ALL we had and didn't look dangerous).

Overall good win by us so i guess i'm happy with that. I just hope Conte changes things a bit quicker because except for Citys match which was a defensive change, he doesn't seem to have a plan when we are behind or needing a goal.

StanDMan likes this.
  12. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Winning even when you aren't playing well is the hallmark of champions and was the basis of Fergie's moutain of success at United (well, that and £millions from Sky). It is a quality that we lacked last season and only started to master in the second half of this season - the wins at Swansea and Palace being two such examples.

Of your remaining 4 games, the only team you face who look like they still give a flying toss is Boro. So unlucky to have been deprived of 3 points against City but the draw kept them in it and ensured that by the time they face you on Monday, they will still be a PL team but will have to win to keep it that way by FT (assuming Hull beat Sunderland at home, which they should). If we can beat the scum in claret on Friday and narrow the gap to 1 point, that will up the ante just that little bit in terms of pressure. Boro will hopefully be scrapping for everything and it could be an intriguing game. However, even if you lose that match I cannot see you failing to beat WBA and Watford (both checked in to Butlins a while ago) or Sunderland (cue Defoe hat-trick).

BobbyD and StanDMan like this.
  13. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

agree to the bold contents in your quote.

I see Title running to the wire & Goal difference.
    On paper our oppositions are not good. But they will have to perform.
    Other than Sunderland - we could potentially drop points in any of those matches.

Boro - Dog fight
    Pulis - Party pooper
    Watford - Derby
    Sunderland - 3 points.

On the other hand, you play Spammers (banana skin), Jose (3 points gift), Leicester (Only fight), Hull (relegated or survived - JUST) 3 points.

If you ask me - yours run in is lot easier if you are past Spam & You have ZERO pressure. I would make you favorites based on Friday's result.

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Well you know Defoe will be trying his little heart out as will chadli and livermore so those could be banana skins.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, we were the only team to get any money from Sky (favourites) <ok>

BobbyD likes this.
  16. Citizen Kane

West Ham will be a nightmare game. No idea which bellend decided it would be a sensible move to kick off at 8.00pm on a Friday - especially given the HMRC Arena's well-documented problems with security and policing. But hey hum. The atmosphere will be toxic and we will just have to dig deep and rise above. Leicester - judging by the comments over on their board - is already being billed as a 'return the favour to Chelsea grudge match'. However, despite a mini-revival under Shakespeare they still aren't playing too well and if the players aren't on the same wavelength as their fans seem to be, they will already be safe and on the beach by then.

I fully expect us to beat United. Not because Jose will throw the game, just because they are utterly ****e and it's the last ever game at WHL.

Not sure what you mean about Hull as my maths is admittedly shocking, but there is a strong chance they will need a win on the last game of the season to survive. Sure, they'll be confirmed as 'safe' by then vis-a-vis Boro, but Swansea could still catch them, no? Or have I misunderstood you?

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Serious question (because I pay little attention to WestHam other than their football), 4 games from the end of the season and they still haven't sorted that **** out yet?

StanDMan likes this.
  18. Citizen Kane

They found an extremely simple and cost-effective solution for much of the season, which was to be so utterly ****e at football the fans would stay away in their thousands and subsequently the reduced crowd would be easier to police. However, we are expecting a full house for their cup final against us. So let's hope and pray they have a walkie-talkie system that works.

StanDMan, Diego and BobbyD like this.
  19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So no then <ok>

StanDMan likes this.
  20. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

By all means Hull would have survived before the match against you - Just.
    So they will be partying on the pitch FFS when they play you.

Only potential points you could drop is at Leicester. They would love to do us a favor. I am hoping that.
    on the flip side, we will drop points for sure in 2 matches.