1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Everton vs. Arsenal 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Dec 11, 2016.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Bizarrely it was that result that led to Conte going with 3 at the back...they have won every league match since.
    I do not think it's all over by any stretch of the imagination. City won their first 6 premier matches last season and won their first 10 or 11 matches in all competitions this season and it all went wrong so the same could easily happen to others imo

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Damn straight ... we're not even half way through the season yet. The challengers are going to be the teams that have the squad depth to grind out results and bounce back when they lose.

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Although I agree with the sentiment, I still can't see where Chelsea's next loss is going to come from and whether that will have a domino effect for the rest of their form. They've won the last 11 games on the trot, scored 25 and have conceded just 2 times. In addition to this, they've got no Europe to think about and are already out of the League Cup. Even though they've not been scoring goals in abundance, they do enough up front to score and then keep it tight at the back. In stark contrast, it's been 11 games now since we last kept a cleansheet. We can't keep relying on scoring 2 or more goals every game to win matches. Our inability to keep clean sheets are costing us more than we realise. It would be premature to say the title is Chelsea's but they have the most balanced team and formation at the moment, which has been reflected in their league position.

4. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I don't really know what you're saying. Are you saying that you think we have just as much chance as winning the league as Chelsea?

Since Chelsea switched tactics to wing backs, how many teams have taken points off them? And in that time, how many have taken points off us?

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm saying that when we played Chelsea we scored three goals and they scored no goals, thereby giving us the three points :)

6. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

Had we lost to Chelsea, the gap would be now 15 points.

7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it won't mean jack if we continue to drop points and they continue ton win. We are as good as anyone in the league but need to grind out the results when we struggle. If we don't then we won't win the league, it's as simple as that.

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

What's the purpose of you saying this?

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agreed. I was just pointing out though that we have already beaten Chelsea, so that could already turn out to be a 6 pointer, but yes, we need to make sure we keep them within distance otherwise it will count for nothing.