1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ex Spur thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Caulker is also in the news for getting done (again) for being drunk and disorderly at Clapham Junction Station. He was "throwing objects around, trying to hit members of the public" and he even "tried to place a temporary barrier on someone's head".

<doh>.

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gylfi Sigurdsson has just scored against some Northern team or other.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  3. Another largely wasted potential..... From the heir to Ledders to..... what exactly?

4. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

4 ex-Spurs in the Swansea team today - shame they conceded that late goal.

Flapianski should have smothered the ball. It was straight at him.

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Former academy goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux has been in goal for Swindon this season.

They're currently in 20th place having conceded 44 goals, although reports say they'd be even worse off without him...which they will be, given he was sent off for flattening someone in today's 2-1 loss to Oxford.

6. O.Spurcat

It's just been shown on SSN. Vigoroux's challenge started on Tuesday, it's that late.

7. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a game against Man Utd which we won and where he played left back and totally marked Ronaldo out of the game? He is the example I have in my mind of how factors totally outside ability (and even, if you went by his on-pitch demeanour, effort) can decide a footballer's career trajectory. I thought at the time that we would look foolish in selling him and he was gonna be playing for England in a semi-regular way (sort of a Scott Parker-type England career). What a knob.

8. lennypops

In the FF league I do with mates I always do a just-for-fun Hot Spurts team of ex and present Spurs players. Try to go for academy products when possible. This year my comedy team was only 50 or so points behind my real team at one point (I am being particularly crap this year but still...) Defoe and Siggy and Gomes raking those points in.

Next season I want to see how close I can get to having a starting 11 of just Spurs academy grads. Let's see...got a lot of "nearly"s for defence (Dawson, Walker, Rose all came as young players but not really academy products) but Smith, Daniels...then in midfield Carroll, Townsend, Mason...up top Crouchy! Dynamite team. Of course even if the criteria is coming through the academy Defoe still gets in. He is a proper yiddo, after all. Add in CCV, Winks, Kane as my 3 currentSpurs players that I'm allowed and we're up to 10 players. Just need a goalie and I can play 3-4-3. Which ex-Spurs academy goalies are hanging around the Prem's reserves or the upper reaches of the Championship?

9. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

David Button is at Fulham

10. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Archer at Leeds

edit: Millwall, not Leeds - won't see them in the Prem!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

11. O.Spurcat

Archer is at Millwall.

12. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Quite right <ok>. I remember seeing him against Watford, but thought it was Leeds. I know there was 2 Spurs keepers on the pitch that day (Gomes came on as sub).

13. O.Spurcat

You were probably thinking Archer plays for a club with horrible fans, so it was either Leeds or Millwall !!

14. humanbeingincroydon

Technically Rose does count as an academy player, as he was in our academy side for a couple of years seasons prior to a bunch of loans and his eventual first team breakthrough.

Well if the Goons think they produced Walcott, even though he was never even in their academy side...

15. lennypops

You know I thought that Rose had played a few games for Leeds when we bought him but Wikipedia is telling me otherwise so maybe he's in.

16. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

There is a disturbance in the Spurs force.
    WBA must obey the law : always 3 ex Spurs there are. No more, no less.

Hullspurs. Swanspurs. Watspurs.

17. humanbeingincroydon

Last season former academy player Ruben Lameiras was a regular starter for Coventry and they finished eighth.
    This season Lameiras is starting far less games and they're ten points adrift at bottom of League One.

I'm not saying there's a connection, but...

18. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having Dawson and Rose doesn't make up the numbers, either. Typical Pulis, trying to cheat the system. <grr>

19. lennypops

Swansea had 4 ex-Spurs on the pitch after 6 mins at the weekend. Wayne Routledge coming on to join Naughton, Carroll and Sigurdsson. I often forget about him - poor guy's Spurs career wrecked by one injury that allowed the precocious talent of Aaron Lennon to emerge. Still it seems that Routledge has something to offer a Prem team and he does pop up with the occasional goal. As I recall very little was made of this effort - if a "superstar" had got it they'd be going on for months - like that Rooney overhead kick. Personally I think this goal is excellent:

Oh - and there's someone with a Trump avatar in the comments saying "He did the nigger click". How wonderful to live in this world right now.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Great day for Andros Townsend with a cracker of a goal for palace.
    Siggy and Carroll had a good day with swansea and Crouch got an assist for stoke.
    Bad day for Gomes with a clanger which cost his team a point and Robbos return to prem football ended in defeat.