1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fagan,Folan,Garcia.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Boothferry2Wembley, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Can anyone see a useful role at the club for any of these three players?

2. poskitt93

poskitt93 Member

fagan off the bench, folan as an outlet for simpson or stewart. thats about it in my eyes.
    will go out on loan

3. East_Stand_Always

East_Stand_Always Active Member

Garcia is useful on the right wing, allowing Koren to play in the centre. Faultless work rate and an asset to the team. I have the feeling though that if not one or two of them, all three will leave at the end of the season. Marking the end of the Brown era completely. Sad but there is no room for sentiment in football.

4. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Fagan won’t play again for City and I doubt Folan ever will either. Garcia may well get a chance when he returns from the Asia cup, depending on the extent of his injury. All 3 will leave in the summer.

5. premiertiger

premiertiger Member

Garcia is a useful squad player as he proved earlier in the season, but long term I'm not so sure he will be here.
    Folan might be useful as a different option off the bench, our forward line is very small - but he may use Garcia for that type of role
    Fagan - get rid.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think we'd really miss any of them, so they may well all be on their way.

7. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Should we loan them out if possible? or keep them in the short term to pad out the squad?
    It strikes me that any of them may be able to do a useful job at another club. one with a spare experienced left back for intance.

8. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

I like fagan, he works hard on the pitch and can get in some ok areas to score usually.
    Folan can go for me, no future at the club and the only thing he ever succeeds in doing is making me laugh with his chicken run.
    Garcia's good too! He may not be the most gifted but he's a grafter! He'll give 100% every week and he's worth keeping imo. Providing he loses a bit of weight (is it just me who thinks he's packed on the pounds quite a bit since we got promoted in 08?)

9. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Brownie would take at least 2 of them on loan, not sure which 2, or if Preston have the loan spaces free

10. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Garcia reported to have been approached by Perth Glory for next seasons Australian A-League.

11. Let me back on the sunshine bus

The only one tokeep is Garcia - he always played well for us in this league, he was rubbish inthe PL but can do a good job at this level. He's scoered a few with his head too which is something that our current team seem incapable of

12. Elliott's Cartwheel

Garcia is the only one that looks comfortable on the ball out of the 3, Folan's first touch normally means he doesn't have it for long. All 3 work hard but Pearson is putting a squad together capable of more than that now.

13. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

Fagan 'a winger with an empty bag of tricks'

None of them can trap or control a ball, or offer anything to the team. Perhaps Browny might take them off our hands?

All will be gone in the summer:)

14. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

I would have thought Fagan would be NPs kind of player actually. And if we're honest we have been lacking down the right wing.

Garcia should be given another year as he is useful all over the pitch, and possible Fagan too. Folan can go IMO.

15. electronicsforcats

I don't think we'd really miss any of them, but for me Garcia is the one to keep if we were to keep one. I do think Fagan adds energy to the team, but with the new talent we are adding he is probably not required any more.

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

MattTheTiger is right, we're lacking wingers and Fagan and Garcia will both do a job.

Folan can go, he's useless, but we've said that every window since 2008 ;)

17. Jer

Jer Member

I'd like Garc to stay. Just before his injury I think he was playing some of his best stuff, looked fitter and sharper than ever.

18. poskitt93

poskitt93 Member

garcia very much a hate him or love him player. upto this season i hated him but i do agree he was picking something to the side when playing, however im not to sure what that was!

19. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Member

If we don't manage to sneak a promotion this time round(which i would prefer) then we should keep garcia. even if he doesn't play every week, when he does he puts in a full session.

I think the club would definatly be able to find a use for Fagan and Folan though, they desperately need some English speaking barmen in the concourse. Those pies won't serve 'em selves y'know

20. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

Fagan and Garcia are decent cover.

Folan would be good cover for a League 2 side.