1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fagan,Folan,Garcia.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Boothferry2Wembley, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Garcia is a good squad player, I agree with the comment about Fagan being a winger with an empty bag of tricks. Folan hasn't worked out for us.

2. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Folan his time is up .Given the opportunity to get a first team place but balls'd it up.

Garcia and Fagan thought contract finishes end of season,and since both out injured wont be offered any thing.

If we are still in this league maybe worth a punt on pay and play and still loan out if required,some one may put in an offer.Grt a few bob back.

3. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

Fagan can hold the ball up well, beat his man, and cause problems for their midfield gets the other team booked a lot, I like him personally.

4. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Fagan.. the only player who can fall out with himself with no one near, too little too often. Get rid
    Folan.. 6`2" of pussy, if only he could play to his size . Get rid
    Garcia .. bit of a wuss for an Aussie but at least he gives it 100%, would certainly look to keep him as squad cover.

5. Chalklane

Chalklane New Member

Folan not training with first team so i`m being told, he is training in the afternoon with the kids

6. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

Stewart has now taken Fagan's place as the quick wide forward and is in my opinion a much more dangerous player than fagan ever was,
    Folan has wasted his talents by being a fairy, and garcia wont get into the team now, we have 4 players ahead of him upfront and 3 on the wing so if he stays would only be as a squad player surely?

7. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

He's a good lad(Garcia) unlike the other two, and has actually played well at times this season, I would keep him on reduced terms as cover, but maybe he's not on that much anyway, not sure.

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Nah, Garcia is a good winger and we lack a proper natural winger a lot of the time. He will be back in the first team when fit.

9. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I think he's on £10k-12k, not sure though. Not too bad but I wouldn't mind seeing it drop a few grand for a squad player.

10. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Is folan still injured with his dead leg he suffered 3 months ago on 30th of October at oakwell?

11. fozmaster

fozmaster Active Member

I for one hope they all go and we use the money wisely to bring in some more quality youngsters to push on next year.

None apart from Garcia are worth the wages. Fagan is good nuisance value but little else unless he has his playing head on, and lacks pace.

Folan i'm sure in a lower league would be useful to any team, but cant cut it above league one in my opinion.

UTT

12. codbody

codbody New Member

in my humble opinion,with all of the strife that has taken part in the club over the past couple of years,must have left the old gaurd scarred.
    so i would advocate that they all went so that we begin next season with a squad that is young mean and hungry,without the hang up of our prem distasters ansd the un settling effect of browns reign hanging over their shoulders.
    np should keep on building the suad al of the season with intelligebt loans.then sort out the wheat from the chaff,and strengthen during the summer.
    tha of courtse is only my opinion.

13. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

He isnt a very good winger mate, he has no pace and struggles to beat a man, plus his crossing is very erratic, like I said he should be kept but mainly as a Back up forward,as an option off the bench he would be usefull, always good to have some one who can head the ball on the bench when our front line is quite small.

14. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

sorry dont know what happend there was ment to be a reply to I saw the premier league tigers.

15. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

I'd like Garcia to get another year. Fagan could do something but he needs to prove it. Folan is atrocious

16. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

Pagan looks as though he is out for rest of season and is then out of contract. I doubt whether Pearson will sign him up again as he wants rid of all the old guard, irrationally. Garcia started as a front man but has played most of his games out wide where sadly he cannot go past a player, a la Beckham, but he is dependable.Folan is an enigma. None of the three forwards Pearson has brought in have shown in the slightest that they are better than him. Posters have short memories. Folan was instrumental in getting us promoted. All his goals were points winning ones and his record that season was on par with Windass' , just behind Campbell's.It is only serious injuries that have held him back. He is one of the few forwards we have had who puts his head and foot in and gets injured as a result. You have only to have seen his brave performance at Barnsley wherevthe keeper clattered him but he stayed on the pitch to see out the game.He is still injured as a result. Compare that with Barmby say who started the same game but walked off after 10 mins only to play in the next game!