1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Fascinating times........

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Apr 18, 2017.

1. maga1810

maga1810 Member

NHS is always an interesting debate. My wife is a nurse and I work for a company that supplies to the NHS.

I could show equipment that has been over specified and overpaid for in the NHS to the tune of millions (yes millions) of ponds. Our private customers would never waste this sort of money. (Yet my wife cannot get a pen). I work in private industry where employees are paid on merit, we all earn different amounts - in the NHS all staff get paid in bands (and automatic increments to top of band each year) this means good people can not be paid more and retained.

Why is using private companies seen as such a no no. So long as treatment is free at point of care surely that is what matters.

Any way - we will continue with what we have

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

You're spot on about the enormous wastage that goes on, particularly around health and safety (weirdly), and when I say that I mean in office environments and stuff. The sort of thing where staff aren't allowed to use a chair or a monitor until they've been trained on the ergonomic side of it. The problem is the minute it becomes privatised, that private company then wants to make a profit. If they have to provide a service with a certain budget, the only way to increase profit is to squeeze that budget, which inevitably comes at the expense of quality of treatment.

3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

go on play your game of democratic illusion...........................we in wales will have 2 put up with the tory scum you place in office

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Private companies are not free at the point of care. The NHS and tax payers pay for them. Often extra.

Should shareholders and owners of these companies also profit? Should the shareholders of the for profit care home which was the centre of a massive abuse scandal have made money from their poor service - abuse?

Should service providers who will not care for those with disabilities, or will only at vast rates be used for outsourcing by the NHS?

My answer is no. Care should not be capitalized.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem in principle with rich people paying for their hotel service in hospitals to be honest.
    What I have a HUGE problem with is the system which allows the SAME consultants, surgeons and anaesthetists to 'moonlight', working a proportion of their time for private health companies as well as the NHS.
    That's like me splitting my time (as an IT project manager) between Lloyds, HSBC and Nat West.
    Conflict of interest and greed don't even come close.

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We have similar issues over here and my doctor is one of the highest billing ones in B.C. and he does that because he is very adept at manipulating the system to his advantage. Oh and by the way he is English born and bred so he learnt at the hands of the experts.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Nice to see that you are unable to grasp the concept of the question, at least one of you has a brain. What you are saying is a university placement and not employed by the NHS. Which is not entirely the same thing as I asked you.
    So let's start again, ask him his opinion of the NHS, once he's qualified and employed.

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

No I'm paying at present, had to buy a house for him as is cheaper than renting,paying for his food,heat,water,for the next 5 to 8 years.
    NHS is never going to be a win win situation.
    Will he stay in the uk when qualified I'm not sure.

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Possibly ;) ... but maybe not.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4428912/Theresa-meet-Jean-Claude-Juncker-Brexit-talks.html

or for those who hate the Daily Mail and want a left wing view.......
    https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ll-welcome-britain-back-if-voters-veto-brexit

I find all this fascinating!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  10. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Scary times as an Anyone but Tory , 'the man of the people' Corbyn is failing to engage with the 'the people '. his only chance of winning is by getting the working class vote, he doesn't seemed bothered by that though.

Not sure who I'm gonna vote for yet. If I was the only person voting then probably lib dems but labour probably have the best chance of getting the piece of HOMOPHOBIC and CHEATING scum Jack Lopresti out of parliament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

ANYONE WHO VOTES FOR THIS SCUM NEEDS TO HAVE A LONG HARD LOOK AT THEMSELVES

12. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

if you listen and observe the main stream media have always been against corbyn>>>>>>why???.........because he`s against big business that abuses working rights, something the so called previous labour governments haven't done since keir hardie himself............he`s a fighter for justice and hopefully a classless society, he`s also the man that doesn't fold 2 the illusion of being a lesser human being by kneeling at the feet of thy Germanic queen.

I like him and trust no other at present time>>>>>>>>by the way I don't vote ive not done so for a while now, the process is rigged and has been for a very long time, but I know a genuine man when I see one and mr corbyn has bucked a trend of upper class southern parts of England ruling the roost.....viva la revolution

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And lets not forget the Administrators who are getting £100k a year or more x lots of them per major hospital. If you want evidence of real waste there's a big one for starters,

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017