1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Favourite Football Writers

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by The Ides of March, Mar 2, 2015.

1. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Like many on this site we all like to read the reviews in the papers. I have always liked the Telegraph for its sports coverage. I enjoyed reading Henry Winter's review of Manchester City's game with Barcelona last week, in particular to the figurative language that he used comparing Messi to the architect that is Gaudi in constructing many a fine move, or his comparison of a master matador with a dispirited and seriously wounded bull such was the mauling that Barcelona inflicted on such hapless opponents.

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

There's a young up and coming journo who has been making some Essex waves recently. I've heard that he's been right at the south end of league 2 football writing in recent weeks and I even heard that between snacks of jellied eels on the pier, he has ventured into war zones recently to report on some tribal, football activities. When asked how it went, he was heard to mutter, "krap nottarf" and decided to head to more learned establishments, where he met the font(e) of defensive knowledge and paid homage to the Holy Scarf.

It has been said of this young Padawan journo, that although his skills with the writing saber are strong, he needs to change the style of his walk as it is a little dated now.

The Ides of March likes this.