1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic FIFA again.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, May 27, 2015.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

2. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I'm 100% sure that no other organisation world wide is as corrupt as FIFA.

3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would be doing the footballing world a real service if they can finally pin something on Blatter.......

UTRs likes this.
  4. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

This, he's totally manipulated the organization for years for personal gain/power - be good riddance if finally gotten rid of.

5. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Huge news emerging over the day! Calls for Qatar a Russia to be re-run.

UTRs likes this.
  6. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Wow, just imagine if there was a rerun and Qatar was bypassed on the grounds of a corrupt bid. What would they do with all these shiny new stadiums under construction?

please log in to view this image

and for the final...

7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Wow, main headline on BBC news at six right now. Headline saying "FIFA in major crisis"

Very interesting day football news wise with this and all the QPR stuff!

8. acricketer

acricketer Well-Known Member

Will the man who has been the leader of the most corrupt organisation on earth get re-elected? I bet he will.

9. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Fifa officials 'corrupted' football - US prosecutors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32902076

Officials from football's world governing body Fifa took millions of dollars in bribes over 24 years to allocate tournaments and rig elections, a US investigation says.

Prosecutors said they had discovered a dozen schemes, including one awarding the 2010 World Cup to South Africa.

Fourteen people are indicted, seven of whom were held in Zurich on Wednesday.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter is not among them. Fifa still intends to hold its presidential election on Friday.

Mr Blatter is seeking re-election and is favoured to win a fifth term.

Swiss prosecutors have also opened a separate investigation into the bidding process for the World Cup tournaments in 2018 in Russia and 2022 in Qatar.

10. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Those US prosecutors are rottweilers and good on them. Their investigation is ongoing. We need those arrested today, facing 20 years in jail, to sing like canaries and point the finger at Blatter.

The PR dept of FIFA have claimed today that it was a happy day for FIFA to get rid of these bloodsuckers. What world do they live in?

11. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Out of interest, are there limits on how many terms you can have as the FIFA presidency? Surely eventually enough is enough.

12. Pils-the-hoop

Pils-the-hoop Active Member

FIFA is corrupt.................and in other breaking news bears do really **** in the woods and the pope is in fact catholic.

Who would have thought?

ThaiCanary and kiwiqpr like this.
  13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh>

Well with the US Attorney General involved in this prosecution something may finally get done at last!

14. Pils-the-hoop

Brilliant.............A corrupt organisation accusing another corrupt organisation of being............er ................well, corrupt!<doh>

I wont hold my breath for any sort of satisfactory outcome.

UTRs likes this.
  15. Pils-the-hoop

Here's what happened to the last one but one:

Eric Himpton Holder, Jr. (born January 21, 1951) served as the 82nd Attorney General of the United States, from 2009 to 2015. Holder, serving in the administration of President Barack Obama, is the first African American to hold the position of U.S. Attorney General.[1]
    Holder previously served as a judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and a United States Attorney. While a U.S. Attorney, he prosecuted Congressman Dan Rostenkowski (DIllinois) for corruption charges related to his role in the Congressional Post Office scandal. Later, he was Deputy Attorney General of the United States and worked at the law firm of Covington & Burling in Washington, D.C. He was senior legal advisor to Barack Obama during Obama's presidential campaign and one of three members of Obama's vice-presidential selection committee. During the Fast and Furious investigation, he became the only cabinet member in U.S. history to be held in contempt of Congress.[2]
    He was succeeded by Loretta Lynch on April 27, 2015.[3]

16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Fair play. I bet the yanks are only getting involved as they think Sepp Blatter has a 250 billion barrel oil reserve in his head...<whistle>

Cloak room hear I come again....

17. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Apparently the Attorney General said one of the investigations is into bribery in the 2011 vote that elected Blatter, which would technically render THAT vote null and void. I can't see how they can go ahead with Friday's vote, but then again, this is FIFA...

18. Pils-the-hoop

UTR - i think the US are ok for oil as they have enough untapped oil to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years ! see below:

How much oil Does the U.S.Have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more Than all the Middle East put together."

18 January 2011 00:25:52
    The corporations and special interest groups have control of America and they are squeezing the very life out of this country. The middle class does not stand a chance in this country.
    About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and One of the Forbes Bros. Was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to Ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil Does the U.S. Have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more Than all the Middle East put together." Please read below.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only Scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a Revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in This area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota , western South Dakota , and extreme eastern Montana ....... Check THIS out:

<oilshalegas.com/bakkenshale.html>oilshalegas.com/bakkenshale.html
    <bakkenshale.net/bakkenshalemap.html>bakkenshale.net/bakkenshalemap.html

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign Oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion Barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... At $107 a barrel, We're looking at a resource base worth more than $5..3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see Their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found In the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a
    Formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred
    to as the
    'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and Into Canada .. For years, U. S. Oil exploration has been considered a dead End. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells Decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up The Bakken's massive reserves.... And we now have access of up to 500 Billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels Will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years Straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one Should - because it's from 2006!

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World

Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the Largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION Barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In Three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this Motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, Than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official
    estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

- 18-times as much oil as Iraq

- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait

- 22-times as much oil as Iran

- 500-times as much oil as Yemen

- and it's all right here in the Western United States .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the Environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America Become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of People dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in This very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION Barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in The world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think Again!
    It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think OPEC just Might

UTRs likes this.
  19. Pils-the-hoop

Apologies for highjacking a FIFA corruption thread with US corruption and oil reserves data <doh>

I got all over excited and promise not to do it again!

Didley Squat likes this.
  20. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Pils, you know your stuff. Sorry also as I was not trying to get all serious with you bud. You must have read enough of my posts by now to know I seldom do serious.

Interesting stuff anyway:emoticon-0148-yes:

I really do hope that this time something gives at FIFA, I can't stand that Sepp!