1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Folan returns to Hull after trial

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TigerFace, Feb 22, 2011.

1. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

2. distant_tiger

distant_tiger New Member

Well at least he impressed someone. On that note though, do you think we would get a fee for him in the summer? Or just be happy with getting him off the wage bill?
    So hopefully we will sort out his loan asap at least.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't expect we'll get either, they're only offering to pay about a quarter of his wages, though as he's not going to play for us and no-one else wants him, it's better than nothing.

4. TigerKwik

TigerKwik Member

To be fair to them a quarter of his wages might be about what he's worth.

We'll never get a fee now and Brownie should've had this boy shipped after the first year of the Prem, it was obvious he was never going to feature in our plans.

5. Imahappypsycho

What a waste. He's shown in flashes he has talent, it must be down to a lack of belief in himself.

6. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

I wonder what he'd have been like if he hadn't taken that serious knock at the start of his career with us....guess we'll never know, looks like we could be part funding his wages next year, but he has no chance of getting in the team so better something that nothing

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Caleb's injuries started long before he came to us(from his time at Chesterfield):

It is feared that Caleb Folan, who was stretchered away from the pitch just before half-time today, has broken his ankle and will be out until the new year(2004).

Chesterfield striker Caleb Folan has had a cartilage operation on a recurring knee injury(2006).

Striker Caleb Folan is a doubt after missing Saturday's draw with Colchester with a sore knee picked up in last week's clash with local rivals Barnsley(2006)

8. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

Why would we pay a portion of his wages next year? Doesn't his contract run out in summer?

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Turns out it doesn't run out for eighteen months.

Cheers Duffen. :emoticon-0112-wonde

10. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Couldn't we get a couple of Tasty Lads from down in the Smoke to aggravate his leg problem, and then the insurance could pension him off from our wage bill <whistle>

11. MattTheTiger

Dayng. Stuck with the useless lump for an extra year then. Brilliant <yikes>

12. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Eeeeeeeh what a life hey!!! Off to America to play footy for great money, It's not the greatest league in the world but he'll enjoy himself, He'll be shagging every night as well unless his wife's going with him, They love an English accent don't they and it helps if your 6 ft something and hung like a donkey. The lucky bastard.

:emoticon-0132-envy::emoticon-0132-envy::emoticon-0132-envy::emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin

13. H-D

H-D Active Member

Well that's a disaster - I thought like everyone else his contract ran in the summer. Another year of Caleb training with the youngsters it looks like, can't see the American team paying his extortionate wages. Bugger

14. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

"Yesterday Man"? (bless him!)

15. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Didnt Southgate nearly sign him as well, for an actual amount of money and then he had to go and get sacked.

16. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

Lambrini you're at it again...I was almost prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt but there you go again supplying the the ammo in the hope someone else will shoot down Folan...I should have known better...you were wrong about his contract and you're wrong again...according to HDM a qatari club are interested and i bet that many ba championship club will be sniffing around now the lad is fit and scoring again...lets face it he played a major part in getting Hull promoted before and he can do it again...pity it wont be for us as Pearson has blown his bridges with all the senior players...also Trappatoni will have him like a shot if he is playing..I can see you know sharpening your knife..

17. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

..and what does this tell you Lambo about Folan's committment and willingness to put his head , foot and body on the line...and the thanks he gets for it (it tells you something about Pearson if this is Folan's reward for playing on at Barnsley....other Hull players take note!)...I think other Hull players must have learned the lesson...Barmby and Deanno have extended their careers, avoiding serious injury, by never tackling... did you ever notice?

18. Tigerned

Tigerned Active Member

Barmby never tackle? He probably tackles more than some of our defensive midfielders and can be quite vicious with it too :)

19. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

<ok>

20. MattTheTiger

Oh yes, I forgot that the HDM were the pinnacle of Hull city knowledge and knew about absolutely everything involved. Has anyone actually said he didn't play a major part in getting us promoted? Have we all not acknowledged that his goals were vital in our promotion season. We're merely saying he doesn't perform well enough to justify his ridiculously high salary. He's constantly injured and seems to be scared of other players, the ball and grass. He's scored 3 goals in 2 years (one of which I say should be Fagans) and he even managed to scuff one of those in. Pearson has blown his bridges with all senior players? What? Senior players like barmby and dawson you mean? And his injuries don't tell me he's fully committed at all. They tell me he's injury prone and will find any excuse to not be on the pitch (dead leg out for three months -_-). And when does barmby not put in a challenge? Just because he hasn't had any major injuries and is still playing at 37 doesn't mean he backs out of tackles. Look at Bullard! He never puts a foot in and he manages to get bad injuries. Now stop your childish "I hate OLM" rant until you can justify why you hate him (other than the reason your a clown). Jeez.