1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic For once I agree with Dave.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Jul 30, 2015.

1. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Our national security is at stake if we simply accept that these people can stay if they make it. Cos you can bet that at least a minority of them are here to cause more than just trouble. If even one British life is saved as a result of zero tolerance on this subject then it would be a stance worth taken. I mean, if a boat load of around 300 supposed anti Nazi's had turned up on our shores during WW2, to escape from the Gestapo would we have let them live amongst us? Would we fairy cakes!
    If I wanted to sneak across the border into any of the countries that these chaps come from I know for a fact I would be chased away by trigger happy lunatics with machine guns. Cant see why it cant be the same over here. That stance would certainy see Calais population dip within days and its occupants look for digs elsewhere.

2. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

I think Mick's point is valid. We have been sticking our noses into other people's business for a long time. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but we don't do it if they're too big (China) or there's no money in it (Zimbabwe) or they're pals of ours (USA). Bit hypocritical...

3. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

True. Still doesn't mean we owe them all a home in Britain though.

4. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

We owe them Jack ****, Billy. But we should be consistent if we're going to shout the odds about it.