1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fortress Mem

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gastronomic, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Hopefully the two great results on the road will help the lads to kick on at home and end the dismal run of defeats.

I think we've had a tough start, because all the sides who have nicked points at the Mem have been picking up some impressive away wins. So are we now, so I'm looking forward to a run of home wins now, starting with our friends from Wycombe...

2. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

I'll second that - given that we play them twice in a week, it would be nice to think we can beat them both times, but that seems a lot to expect. For me, the important game is next Saturday so we can push on up the table.

3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

It's going to be a big game with a big crowd on Sat - Tuesday will be a sideshow but whatever happens it's going to be hard.

If there are 22 players still on the pitch at the end of both games it will be a miracle.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The fans will be up for this I hope. DC said he takes every game seriously and wants to win every game - cup and league. I think we will field a good side for the JPT game.

Our home form is a worry. A Will Hoskins type of player would be great for us now. We scored 7 in 2 games. I bet we fail to score next week!

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Saturdays game against Wycombe cancelled due to us having three players on international duty, the three being Harrison, Gosling and Lockyer

6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Having international players in your squad? We should sue as you have an unfair advantage <laugh>
    I was looking forward to this one, had a lift from Wells from a couple of Gas supporting mates.

7. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very annoying I was going Saturday as I have the day off work <grr> they need to stop with all this no fixtures because of international football (which I have no interest in anyway) nonsense club Rugby still goes ahead when internationals are on time for the football world to grow a pair and get ****ing on with it <grr>. It also proves we have a very weak squad. This has ruined my weekend before its even started not sure I will be bothering with tomorrow nights game now.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Just did a thread on this. Didnt realise it was said on here. Sorry old timer <ok>

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

If that was even possible and you were being serious, our luck you would win that as well <laugh>

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

As soon as 3 players are called up, you have the right to call off the game. Gosling is on form, Lockyer playing well at the back and Harrison is a danger up front, especially from the bench. Would be a big mistake to carry on against a team, who is doing very well and we would do well to win the game, without these 3 players. We should always choose to have our strongest team available, especially against the better sides. Massive mistake to choose to go in to a big big game without our best players.

11. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

CJS no worries only put it on in case people didn't know

12. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Didn't know we had three internationals... great stuff!