1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Four More Years Cumbrians v Chairboys 24Sep16

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys travel to the far north west to where their Football League journey began 23 years ago against the Cumbrians at Brunton Park and it's Gareth Ainsworth's fourth anniversary as Chief Chairboy and the Chairboys will be looking to build on last weeks performance at Adams Park where after a slow start the Chairboys were well worth their second league win of the season, the Cumbrians sit just outside the playoff places are unbeaten in the league this season but also have only recorded two wins and a win for the Chairboys would leave them just one point behind their north western rivals.
    With no new injury worries Gaz only dilemma is whether on not to give Paris his first start of the season also to stick with Dayle Southwell now he's "on fire" there could also be good news on the bench as one more of our treatment room dwellers could return.
    Two weeks ago I would have thought this was a banker home win but I am feeling a lot more optimistic now after watching last weeks game and I will be disappointed if we are not heading back down the M6 with at least a point<ok>

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll be happy with a point. If we concentrate on our defence (which looked a little leaky against Stevenage) we could catch them on the break and even sneak a win, If we can take them in at 0-0 half time and keep them at bay for the 10 mins after the break, bring on Paris and snatch a late winner. Here's hoping

3. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Wow I certainly am not as confident as you guys, I know we are better away but to get something from this will be a real bonus.

4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Play like we did in the first half at Pompey & anything is possible

5. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

One change from last week Bayo in for the injured Southwell who picked up a knock in training

6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

**** knows what Ainsworth gets the players to do in training but must of our injured players are out because of it <doh> :steam: :headbang:

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh FFS. A knock? A knock doesn't stop one playing; you get knocks all the time at football. Must be more

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I said o-o at 55mins and then bring on Cowan-Hall. 7 mins late Gareth

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like nil points

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bollocks.

11. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Lose on Tuesday we need a change in manager and the way we play,too reliant on older players who rarely get dropped so the younger players must be ****ed off on the bench.

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To get my own back on you lot for your betting competition I predicted on our board that Wycombe would lose 1 - 0. Not only that but I put my Joker on it which doubles any points you get for the result. Not only that but it was a double points week so I got 12 points just for the one result. arf bleddy arf.....that'll teach ya.:1980_boogie_down::emoticon-0173-middl

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So much for me thinking we were better away from home. Maybe we play better but just aren't good enough

upload_2016-9-25_15-8-37.png

Surprisingly, at home

upload_2016-9-25_15-9-43.png