1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Friday night football

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Commachio, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Are you for or against it?

Villa play Man U, in a one of this coming season, but it's to be a regular thing the following season.

2. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Against.

I can see why it`s necessary in the lower leagues because of the extra fixtures but not needed in the prem imo.

Even with a full league season and a couple of good cup runs it`s always been managed without problem.

Seems like meddling to me.

3. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

It has to suit Man u !, and we will never play the mags on a friday night, but I do like floodlight games.

4. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Why not?? Fri nights a good night out so why not have a footy match to watch aswell?

5. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I remember watching us play a Championship game against QPR on a Friday night down the club a few years ago. Thought it was a good idea at the time.

I'm not against the idea personally, watching it on TV down the pub, but what about you regular season ticket guys? Isn't Friday night supposed to be out with your mates night?

Having said that, I'm not in favour of football on every night, and with Saturday night / Sunday afternoon games, Champions League, etc, etc, too much of a good thing just isn't a good thing.

6. ROBOJOHN

ROBOJOHN Active Member

Think it,s very unfair on the lower leagues, how are they supposed to compete? Sat, sun , mon and various other mid-week nights but not Fridays

Shoppg likes this.