1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Future of the club in goods hands then...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Travelsick07, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

2. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Aarons wont play for the toon again, Mbabu probably wont either, maybe bench cover but thats about it.

It's The Sun and they never articulate anything with any real fact, but from reading the article she seems to want the party life style and the defendant lawyers are doing a great job of discrediting her, I'm leaning towards believing the defence but these cases are a nightmare, someones in the wrong andone of themy have or are putting the other person through hell whether it be rape or the false allegations.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I hope you're wrong about Rolando. If we can keep that lad fit he is a superb talent.

4. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Dude..they write it was shown in a trial, it better be true or they get sued. Nah, this happened.Good for Cabral too, and good on him. What victim of rape would ever willingly put herself in a situation where it might happen again. False rape allegation all over this. And balls on the lawyers to get that video and shown it in court.

Pretty much shows though the culture at our club. It was match day. Aarons was on the bench? So he did all the traveling, warm up warm down and then it's time to party. My muscles are much older than Aarons, but even when I was twenty, I remember how bad drinking was for my legs after exercising hard. Could barely move the following days from dehydration.

There's a reason we're always top of the injury table.

5. Toon_Man_Sam1

He will probably be a great talent and prove me wrong, but the kid has made a load of errors (notably against Chelsea) and he hasnt really improved in any way since his debut against WBA, his just be reported to be sneaking behind his girls back with other women and out partying, he will probably end up being a less aggressive Nile Ranger

6. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh> I think you are stretching it mate. It was Saturday night. I took this as after the game? They can do what they want. If infidelity is his bag so what? What's that got to do with any of us, the club or their ability to play football. He is progressing and with the right guidance he could be a very very useful talent to have. Certainly if Rafa and his coaching staff got hold of him I bet he'd start to make rapid progress with the talent he has. Comparing him to Ranger is hilarious. Look what they did with Sterling etc.

Remind me where he was playing against Chelsea? Left back? <laugh> He has made mistakes, he is young. Part of the development of young players. Do you think Shearer, Gerrard, Beckham etc never made a mistake as a young player.

To be honest your efforts to damn the kid are pretty weak on all fronts.

Travelsick - as for the Sun and the truth, I couldn't have that much faith with the amount of tiny little apologies they have to make. It probably is true though and I can't see any issue from our end of things.

7. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

A bit of a fuss about nothing from our point of view.

Four people, two being our players and two being young women, were "in bed". They weren't having sex. They were clothed and sitting in a bed after a night out. Maybe some of them had sex at some point that night but there is no suggestion of a 4-way orgy or anything.

Saturday night is, I think, the night of the week when players are allowed to drink ? If so, nothing wrong with Rolando having has a night out.

As for progress, I've been disappointed with Aarons this season. Let's see what he can do next. Mbabu looked very good the one game I saw him. So did Edgar when he scored against Man U. We'll have to wait and see.

As for the rape case, absolutely no way we can form an opinion. What they write will probably have been part of the evidence. Reporting one part while leaving out other parts that don't make as good a story can be as misleading as lying, though.

8. Toon_Man_Sam1

The kid has not signed a new contract and this doesnt appear to be an issue at our end, it seems he is happy to let his contract run out in the summer and will leave on a free. He has also played a handful more games than Abou Diaby in the last 2 years, constantly injured. Whether he is faithful or not is none of our business, but it says something about a person to me. Beginning of this year and late last year you will find posts of me really bigging him up, on his side, but he really hasn't shown enough to warrant a 3-4 year contract on say £25k a week, I will happily put my hands up and stand corrected should he leave and prove me wrong. I'd rather have D Gray the young nippy winger at Leicester or Nathan Redmond from Norwich, they would much better prospects of a similar mould.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

I'd struggle to blame anyone wanting out of our rancid club. Is he going to develop here? History tells us he probably isn't - Armstrong would do well to take heed. I'd love these young players to be given to Rafa but I think that will only happen if we stay up and I expect to be relegated.

His injury problems are clearly an issue. We need to find a way to keep him fit and get him on the field. However he has been fit this season, and has spent it watching Sissoko and co filling his positions. Being honest, could you really see any justification for that on what we've seen? I certainly can't. You won't hear me cribbing the talents of Gray or Redmond, I said last season I'd like both to complement Aarons. I'd have happily got rid of Sissoko, nothing has changed.

I don't think it says anything about the person personally.Bar him being a young lad who wants to play the field and enjoy himself. Probably 8 out of 10 young lads are the same. Is he dating your sister or something? <laugh> These moral standards you're holding him too are pretty strict.

10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The only thing I can criticise him for is:
    1) lowering himself to Sunderland players sloppy seconds
    2)thinking its cool to hook up with women who have had more football players than your average Premier League squad
    2) wearing a balaclava during sex. Ive heard of using protection but thats ridiculous.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.