1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gareth Ainsworth new deal

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by philhythe, Jan 19, 2015.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Just had a phone call from my son on the Daily Mail site they are saying it is for 51/2 years anybody any information if the length of the contract you can not believe everything you read in the papers

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  3. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

I'd say great move, maybe a bit long but I reckon the right man to see us get financial stability and keep us up. I think we will slip off this year but in five years we will be comfortable league 1 with him in charge.

4. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Thinking about it didn't he sign a new contract the other month? Are these the details of that or is it a mistake as no one else has reported it?

5. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

this is the new contract he signed a couple of months ago, which was labelled as "long term" but the amount of time was not disclosed. If it is in fact 5 and a half years then its a calculated gamble from the trust - if our current form continues and we gain promotion then gaz will be a wanted man and a contract of this length at least ensures that we would get a good amount of compensation if he does go, and will warn off other clubs.
    IF however, gaz proves not to be this excellent manager then we are left with a manager on a big contract that cant be paid off - look at the trouble with waddock, though the money was found from somewhere and I think ainsworth shows all the signs of being a far better manager

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I like what he demands from his players. It seems he has the utmost respect from his players and seems to have the knack of getting the best out of his players (even when other managers have failed). Anyone who doesn't give 110% won't get a game and will be disposed of at the earliest opportunity. Also his networking is first class and he says all the right things on TV. A gamble worth taking in my view as he will be sort after.

7. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

When I heard it announced on Boxing Day I had know idea it was for so long looks a very good move by the club

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Chairman: "Gareth is the perfect fit"
    Posted: Tue 20 Jan 2015
    Author: @wwfcofficial

please log in to view this image

Image by: UK Sports Pics
    Andrew Howard says manager Gareth Ainsworth will play a huge part in the club's future.
    Following newspaper speculation about the length of the contract awarded to manager Gareth Ainsworth, the club can confirm that the period is five and a half years with effect from Boxing Day 2014.

Chairman Andrew Howard said: “Gareth is the perfect fit for Wycombe Wanderers – that’s never been in doubt since the day I walked into the club and he will play a huge part in what we see as being a bright future.

“He has the utmost respect of his staff, players and everyone who works for Wycombe Wanderers, and his new contract gives security both to the club and to him so that we can all plan for the future with him as our manager.

“Wycombe Wanderers have a great opportunity with Gareth and many of the players, who are in the early stages of their respective careers, and they want to prove how good they can be. Our job is to help that happen and that way the club benefits along the way or if they leave the club. People who tend to succeed are those who are willing to invest in development time in the early stages of their careers.

“Gareth and the players are being given that level of development and the club is currently reaping the rewards. There may be ups and downs along the way but we now have a five-year plan – survival, security and then success.”

Read more at http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/n...-perfect-fit-2215684.aspx#dou6Ll1ogAB7UaAq.99