1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General Election

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Jennings60s, Apr 18, 2017.

1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

There was a big fat lie doing the rounds in the Tory press that all of the Newsnight production team voted 'remain' There was in fact one vote for 'leave'.
    The miscreant has already been censored by the immediate Newsnight team but the internal BBC 'advisory team' have reduced the sentence for Miss B to seven years on tea duty and access to the BBC hobnobs after a two year probationary period. In her defence Miss B stated she missed a couple of the 'solidarity' lessons whilst working at the Guardian.

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

neither
    desperate
    nor
    struggling

i really don't have the time or inclination to present the contrary evidence... and wouldn't make a jot of difference... as we all know your intention is to wind others up for your own amusement

3. yorkshirehornet

Actually this Tory website says it all

http://www.reasonstovotetory.uk/

4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  5. superhorns

You asked for the evidence, I gave the evidence then you called it 'winding up'

classic.

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  7. yorkshirehornet

No..... your original comment was a wind up... .you virtually always use perjorative and inflammatory language... then you toss in a few examples... really not broadsheet... so tabloid

8. Jennings60s

Jennings60s Active Member

Wouldn't it be nice if this thread, unlike some toxic ones just had a few opinions, some interesting arguments and genuine respect for other posters - and less slogans and cartoons? (even if June being the end of May is quite clever)

9. yorkshirehornet

Yes you are right Ed... we can have a separate thread for that <ok>

10. superhorns

You seem bit confused.

I accused Newsnight of being biased. You asked me for evidence. I supplied the following:

James O'Brien being used by Newsnight as a presenter debating Brexit whilst opening supporting 'remain' on a different medium. I also quoted the employment of Paul Mason as a business editor and presenter with a history of very far left political leaning and support. This is the BBC making no effort to seek impartiality. Both of these journalists should not have been employed as presenters. They are not fit for purpose for a programme like Newsnight.

11. yorkshirehornet

yes but there people of all hues in the BBC... so you can play that any way you like

Other poltical journos are Tory
    Kuenssberg made up news about Corbyn
    Robinson is an open Tory

etc etc

BBC scapegoating will get you nowhere

12. superhorns

I'm not trying to go anywhere just explaining the real bias on Newsnight.

13. yorkshirehornet

Well I find it a bit tepid these days myself....

14. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

The important thing to remember is that our opinions are not us - they are just a product of all the ideas that we have been exposed to all of our lives, and the ideas we come out with at the end are mostly coincidental. In the British part of my family we have (or have had) Labour voters, Tories, Liberals, SNP and Green voters (and one anarchist). From my perspective all of the parties in Britain accept the doctrines of the free market (which I don't) - the difference being only in degree, and so small when viewed from the full range of possibilities. Whichever party gets in: the Capitalist is still going to be a predator and think he is a wealth creator, the middle classes are still going to be the source of the dominant ideology in the country (an ideology which simply justifies their position), the unemployed and the homeless will still think it's their fault, and the little girl in the west will still be praying for a rocking horse at Christmas - the richer one for a real pony and the little girl in Syria only for peace.

15. Jennings60s

If Newsnight shows bias why is this not picked up by the regulator? The BBC is not really biased overall -even if some individual programmes sometimes are (to both sides). I think if you were correct it would be known and dealt with.

16. Jennings60s

I think you lost me in your first sentence - I think our opinions do rather define who we are - however they were formed

17. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

It is the human ego which would like to believe that our ideas are, in fact, our own. They aren't - they have all been placed there by external influences, experiences in life, or by other people. If you had been born on a desert island somewhere and lived amongst palm trees for all your life then you would have no political ideas whatsoever. I am not concerned about a person's politics - I can convert every Nazi into a Communist tomorrow - all I have to do is convince them to hate the bosses more than they hate the blacks - but they are still a prat.

18. superhorns

I am certainly correct about the inappropriateness of the two examples. About 70 MP's did complain to the BBC about bias recently.

Why are some UK institutions above criticism? BBC, NHS, some Charities etc.

19. superhorns

20. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I do watch Newsnight from time to time, and sometimes wonder why they give certain politicians from both right and left any air time, but then I have my own views. Generally I see the BBC as a non-political organisation who provide very balanced views.

After your recent experiences SH I am surprised that you would like the way Hunt has run the NHS to be discussed. From the little I have had time to see today, it would seem that the government would rather not talk about it.