1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jan 19, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>Eearly kick off on Saturday 21/01/2017 Liverpool at home to Swansea. Liverpool can go second
    for few hours with a win. On the plus side, Coutinho is back , minus side Matip cannot play because of red tape.
    My prediction: Liverpool 3:0 Swansea.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Saturday 21st January 2017
    Liverpool V Swansea City 3:0

Bournemouth V Watford 2:1

Crystal Palace V Everton 2:2

Middlesbrough V West Ham United 2:1

Stoke City V Manchester United 2:2

West Bromwich Albion V Sunderland 2:1

Manchester City V Tottenham Hotspur 3:1

Sunday 22nd January 2017

Southampton V Leicester City 2:1

Arsenal V Burnley 2:2

Chelsea V Hull City 3:0

2. moreinjuredthanowen

this round of games looks purely like an as you were set of fixtures where messing up has serious consequences

Liverpool V Swansea City 2:0 - this is an absolute must win game.

Bournemouth V Watford very hard to call and its really back the home side territory. i'd go 2-0 to bournemouth

Crystal Palace V Everton This one is interesting. Everton should win this one handy yet... its everton and away so they could be inconsistent and show it was city that were bad not them good... i just have to back everton though. 0-2

Middlesbrough V West Ham United hmmmm.... either carroll and payet stuff has kicked west ham in the arse or its not. 0-0

Stoke City V Manchester United.......... 0-3 sorry but stoke will fold here. they have done to every top 6 side

West Bromwich Albion V Sunderland 3-0. west brom are due a win and i think sundelrand are done.

Manchester City V Tottenham Hotspur city are so poor. I think alli and kane will thump this lot 1-3

Southampton V Leicester City sides in serious trouble. i would say 0-0

Arsenal V Burnley 3-0. this is an easy home win imo.

Chelsea V Hull City 3:0. i cannot see hull doing ANYTHING in this game and they are only turning up to fulfil a fixture

So for LFC i expect that the very best to be hoped for in this set of results would be:

top 4 all move on in an as you were manner. add 3 points.
    City in 5th become 6 points off us.
    Utd **** it up somehow (unlikely)and end up 7 points off us.

I actually see all the top 4 winning and utd becoming 5th 5 points adrift of us.

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Off the back of a 4-0 win against City, and Palace not having won a game for donkeys with Big Sam yet to register a win.

Palace win - nailed on.

Everton that.....

4. moreinjuredthanowen

thats what i did think myself. I am not sure what midfield you would go with away from home. the yuong shaggy and scooby doo lad might not work there and gueuye is out so barry and morgan with barkley in front of that?

sill 3 at the back v just benteke up top? that wise? etc etc.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think he'll probably start with the same XI and formation that started vs City tbh.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

you think he will?

I think williams v benteke is an ideal duel for you. really I don't rate palace's midifeld in terms of steel at all so i think you can run through them. allardyce needs a serious CM.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

If we play with a back 4 Benteke will do what he did at Goodison this season and try and take up positions beyond the far post and try and end up against the full backs - he scored doing exactly that. Playing with a 3 means he'll always be facing a CB

8. moreinjuredthanowen

OR willimas could go with him as the guy isn't going to trouble williams legs is he <laugh>

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Are you lads concerned that in the 4 games since Mane ****ed off the Africa that you've only managed 2 goals?

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Williams isn't that great in the air, our best defensive header of the ball is Funes Mori

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Are you concerned that 3 of those games were cup competitions and we're still in both of them, while the other was an unlucky draw against the most expensive team in the world?

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

No not in the slightest.

Care to answer the question now like?

13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Nope, if you're going to have a bit of a drought because a third of your first 11 has been unavailable then you can't choose a better time to do it

The only loss was being robbed two points by #bentasfuck officials, but that's on the cards no matter how well we play. In fact if we'd looked free scoring then the ref probably would have resorted to red carding one of our players

14. moreinjuredthanowen

yes, about time someone asked that.

3 things

1. since origi got benched fr one game he has not scored. he's been really poor and dropped the head

2. Mane for a while dropped his level, i don't think he was a wet winter player as his southampton days showed up too. but he still got in and scored

3. firmino going wide has knocked him off too.

I'm not overly worried baout the game splayed however. its the games coming

Reason being: Sundelrand game was silly defending costing us. Utd game at 1-1 was a good result. Fa cup was a joke team both times. Southampton got a 0-0 with mane. van dijk is just good.

So i'm more worried about what klopp does next. everyone else is just baout fit right now.... thus we should be able to cope BUT nobody wants to play wide right in our reserve strikers so firmino will be shunted out and be useless or lallana will be moved up and ruin his late runs to box role.
    coutinho is getting back but is just building up so the think we have going for us is:

a) all fit

b) games coming are fa cup v wolves, swansea... and southampton in league cup... then its cheslea and a draw in that suits me we would be hard pressed beat them any way.

c) our team will have less games nautrually then

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

What does Paul Merson think?
    Liverpool v Swansea (Saturday, 12.30pm)
    please log in to view this image
    &lt;img
    Jurgen Klopp's side take on Swansea at Anfield
    It's a big weekend. If you look at a few of the top teams you'd like to say they've got easy games and they cannot afford to slip up. This is one of them. The only thing that can beat Liverpool here is complacency. We've just seen what Arsenal did to Swansea, who despite losing 4-0 did okay. I just can't see anything other than a very comfortable home win.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0 (15/2 with Sky Bet)

Bournemouth v Watford (Saturday, 3pm)

16. moreinjuredthanowen

nobody on the planet cares what paul merson thinks about anything!

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lawro have an idea: Home win

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS
    All kick-offs 15:00 GMT unless otherwise stated.

SATURDAY
    please log in to view this image

Liverpool v Swansea (12:30 GMT)

Liverpool have lost some of their attacking lustre in recent weeks so it is important for them to have Philippe Coutinho back in action, and getting sharper with each game he plays.

I just wonder if the Reds' form has tailed off a bit because Jurgen Klopp has been changing his team around for various cup games - it might help if he sticks with a team that is going to play regularly for the next couple of weeks.

Swansea have made a couple of signings since Paul Clement's first game in charge - Saturday's 4-0 home defeat by Arsenal.

Norwich left-back Martin Olsson and Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll have both come in but Clement will need to do more than that to solve his side's defensive issues.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

18. moreinjuredthanowen

Everyone is saying this is easy but nothing about it is easy.

the time of the game is very very annoying and will be working against us.

I'm sick of playing at noon (said klopp)

19. LuisDiazgamechanger

No easy game in EPL, especially when a club is a relegation candidate. Swansea are playing for survival and they have nothing to lose.<ok>

20. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Crouch scoring against Utd and Mourhino moaning about their long ball tactics! <whistle>

I can see an in form Spurs getting a result against a wobbling City but this game is a win-win for us IF we beat Swansea. A win is an absolute must.