1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Aug 17, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>ON Saturday Crystal Palace is in town so also Benteke, this is a must win game for Liverpool and the
    school boy defending cannot be entertained,
    My prediction Liverpool 3: 1 Crystal Palace.

Other fixtures and predictions:

August 2017
    Saturday 19th August
    Swansea City V Manchester United 1:3

Bet on Football with

Bournemouth V Watford 2:1

Burnley V West Bromwich Albion 2:0

Leicester City V Brighton and Hove Albion 2:0

Liverpool V Crystal Palace 3:1

Southampton V West Ham United 0:0

Stoke City V Arsenal

Sunday 20th August

Huddersfield Town V Newcastle United 1:2

Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea 2:2

Monday 21st August

Manchester city V Everton 3:1

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

Paul Merson has gone for home win

Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Saturday, 3pm
    Both teams have defensive concerns but more so Crystal Palace. I know Liverpool let in three at Watford but they didn't lose and then they won in midweek, which was a great result. Palace have done well at Anfield over the last few years but they are not good enough defensively.

You don't want to start a season with a home defeat like they did against Huddersfield. It puts them up against it. If you lose this game then you are behind the eight ball already and I don't think they have been great in the transfer market.

The manager is asking them to play out from the back and when you do that with a lack of a confidence it's a recipe for disaster.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)

3. moreinjuredthanowen

In fairness he is right about poor players passing it out if our front 3 press well.,.

If we concede only one goal I will be amazed

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lawro has gone for home win too.
    Liverpool v Crystal Palace
    Against Huddersfield, Palace looked like a team where the new manager has come in, changed the whole way they play and the players are not convinced by it.
    It did not seem to suit them and it can hardly help Frank de Boer that he has not been able to make many signings - sometimes the players you have must dictate your tactics.
    For example, Eagles striker Christian Benteke did not fit into Jurgen Klopp's playing style when he was at Liverpool, and I think De Boer needs to keep it simple at the moment.
    So, if you have got a 6ft 3in centre-forward like Benteke, then get people into wide areas and get crosses into the box for him.

Palace forward Wilfried Zaha is now out injured for a month too, and this feels like a good time for Liverpool to play them.
    That is why I am backing the Reds to win - although I am tipping them to keep a clean sheet, which is quite a big shout at the moment.
    Lawro's prediction: 2-0

5. moreinjuredthanowen

That nil on the scoreline is euther lawro is drunk or palace are soooo bad its unreal