1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Get your gladrags and your handbags ready...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Sep 28, 2015.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Rod Stewart live at the KC on June 14th 2016.

please log in to view this image

Tickets go on sale from 9am on Friday although pre-sale and fan club tickets will go on sale at 9am on Wednesday. Tickets cost £55, £75 and £95 plus special VIP packages are available. Visit www.ticketline.co.uk for details.

Funded by Dave Kilburn (MKM), any profits will be split between the Holy Trinity restoration fund and The Daisy Appeal.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Rod-...tory-27877933-detail/story.html#ixzz3n1Iy3jNT

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Quill

Quill Bastard

Honestly, I thought this was for the new Stereophonics album. **** knows why.

3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Same.

I feel cheated now.

**** you Lambo.

4. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

And I thought it meant David Brent was coming in to give the team a motivational talk.

5. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

Nice that profits are being donated to charity.

But Stereophonics, ffs, radio friendly rock **** welsh ****ers

6. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Good to see all the small town attitude whingers out in force on the HDM comments section.
    First saw Rod Stewart in 1966 at Brid Spa with Steampacket. In spite of his reputation for meanness he bought a group of us 15 and 16 year olds in the bar a vodka and had a good chat before leaving with a big grin on his face and a female on each arm. That was the first time
    I heard for the first time to my surprise that the 6'7" tall Long John Baldry was gay when Stewart said rather loudly in front of him "if you drop on the money on the floor don't bend over to pick it up when Long John's around".
    Also got a kiss from Marsha Hunt (Mick Jagger must have seemed a poor substitute later on). Don't know why she was there as Julie Driscoll was the regular singer for them normally with Brian Auger on piano/organ.
    A few years later he was on Old Grey Whistle Test and sang .Flying and Had Me A Real Good Time. I remember two lasses at work saying how crap he was and what a row he made singing Flying. Not long after they were raving about this great singer Rod Stewart and buying everything he made with no recollection of their disparaging remarks.

Anyway, here he is singing one of those two songs he sang on OGWT. A reminder of how good he was before fame took over.

7. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Is Rod Stewart really (still) stadium big? Not knocking him or anything, he's not my cup of tea but I appreciate his abilities/longevity, just a genuine question. I didn't realise he is popular enough to fill stadiums.

8. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

The best concert to be announced at the KC to date, tickets are a little pricey but at least the money is going to a good cause.

I hope people support this event so we get to see more concerts at the KC in the coming years.

9. Barchullona

Can
    Without googling, who do you think we're the largest earners for tours last year?

10. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Thought they weren't doing gigs at KC any more after the Who made a loss.

11. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

I bet the big American country musicians are near the top of that list, people like Luke Bryan are practically unheard of in this country but sell tickets by the millions in U.S.

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Those One Direction ****ers are bound to be top.

13. Barchullona

So do I. The small town type moaners on the HDM seem to ignore the fact that people will come from elsewhere, not everyone in Hull is on minimum wage and just because they don't like Rod Stewart doesn't mean others don't. You can bet that their favourites won't sell as many records or last as long as him.
    Though the ticket prices put the prices for a City game into perspective.

14. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

Sounds like the guy from MKM is bank rolling this one, he'll have just paid to hire the KC. As the money is going to charity I don't think he's too concerned about turning a profit.

15. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

If its a one off gig then people will travel from all over the country and probably Europe to come see him which is fantastic for the City.

Personally I can't wait, I've loved his music since I was a child, I can see how it might not be to everyone's taste, especially my generation but I think there's more than enough support out there to make it a success.

castleparktiger likes this.
  16. Barchullona

Nowhere near.
    He is taking a gamble. He hasn't just paid to hire the KC. He has to pay for Rod Stewart (he won't be appearing for nothing)support acts, advertising etc. It will cost him more to put on than it would for the council to do so. The thing is, would the council have the vision, or the balls, to book an act like him nowadays?

17. Barchullona

The Faces first album, An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down, Gasoline Alley and Every Picture Tells a story are still albums which sound good 45 years later.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Highest grossing tours of 2014...

please log in to view this image

Dave's a mate of Assem's and it's for charity, I doubt he's paying much for the stadium hire, if anything at all.

19. Barchullona

I did say without googling.<laugh>

For some reason only the first two words of my post appeared, which was saying nowhere near what the Stones made per concert though. One direction did nearly three times the concerts for less than 50% more.

The point is on that list and for the biggest grossers in 2014 this year is how many old time acts there are, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Bruce Sprinsteen, The Stones. Not names those who are moaning on the HDM site would wish to see themselves. Of course the fact is the KC isn't big enough for those artists but Rod Stewart is still a big artist and will probably pull in more than the acts the people saying they wouldn't go to see him would attract.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Kinnel, there's even an advert...