1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Giving it a go!

Discussion in 'Crewe' started by RWSpartan, Aug 16, 2011.

1. RWSpartan

RWSpartan New Member

Embarrased by the number of Crewe fans on this site, so thought I should give it a try, really enjoyed 606 but it's end was rather abrupt and so lost a lot of regular users.

Have tried the footymad site but it just doesn't click for me. So here I am, and even if I end up talking to myself for a few weeks, I'll post a few threads and see if anyone picks up on them

2. Darioforpresident

Darioforpresident New Member

I will give a go as well but not very optimistic about this season. Not sure how true it is but I did hear that if we drop out of the league, then Dario has to go. I think that it is time for him and Neil to fade away before the achievements that they have made get sullied by staying on too long. I hope that Steve Davis is capable enough to bring a new era to Crewe.

3. RWSpartan

RWSpartan New Member

Hey, great to speak to someone DFP, I don't know if you were there last night, but how we didn't get a second goal is beyond me. Unlike the first two thirds of the Gillingham game we looked dangerous going forward for most of the match. Rotherham's second goal was due to Westy losing it in a dangerous position, so if we can cut that out so much the better, and their first goal, I think Steve Phillips could have come out for it, but he more than made up for it with a wonder save just before half-time.

The bottom line is that we will start picking points up soon I'm sure, so relegation isn't going to happen.:undecided:

Carl Martin did really well last night, so with a bit of luck he'll become a regular, allowing Toots to go back to RB, and we'll become even more dangerous.:bandit:

P.S. I see you've sussed how to use the website!

4. Darioforpresident

Thanks for the welcome R&W. Sadly, I don't get to many games now because I live away from God's country but do watch the videos on the beeb website. It does look a bit like they were unlucky but still making mistakes at the back and creating lots of chances that don't get converted into goals.

5. RWSpartan

RWSpartan New Member

We really didn't make many more mistakes than the two that led to the goals, Rotherham were sharp to pick up on them, but it's worth reading Rotherham fans views on Crewe Mad, they were fairly impressed with our play in the second half.:smile:
    I really do think better times are just around the corner.

Fingers crossed!:p

6. Darioforpresident

Where's everybody else?

7. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

eh up alex you are alive. welcome to not 606. i think your league position is false having played 2 of the promo favourites, millers and gills. i hope it is a good game on saturday

8. RWSpartan

RWSpartan New Member

I think a few ex 606'ers have gone to the Crewe Mad forum, and a lot of others have just given up, but we may catch a few people if we stay on for a few weeks, It may even be worth an announcement at the Stadium sometime, or could try if they would post a note on the Offical Site? I'll have a think about it.

Atcham, thanks for the welcome...... if the Rotherham game is anything to go by then Saturday should also be an excellent game of Footy. Here's to the Alex's first point(s):wink:

9. gus_wilson

gus_wilson New Member

I'm an ex 606er who's been coming on here on a regular basis for the last couple of months in vain. Good to see a couple of other fans using the site! I'm not too down about our start to the season, I can't remember a season when we did start well.... It's important they stay confident, otherwise with our young team, heads could drop. I'm missing the 606 prediction league, was a great distraction every week last season. Here's hoping we can get more users on here.

10. atcham jack

yes you need to build up not 606, it is a good thread, come on the alex hopefully after today

11. Darioforpresident

Sorry R&W but playing pretty football doesn't get us back to where we were a few years ago. Two managers have stuck to their guns and bought nobody and relied on the kids. I reckon Arsenal could be the biggest team in the Championsip next year and we could be the biggest in the BSP.
    Depressed!:undecided:

12. atcham jack

no need to be depressed, up until today we had had a poor start and you have already played the millers and gills, no wonder you are down the league but you will recover. you played better today with 10 men by the sound of it, hitting the post. you may well get 3 points at argyle, they are at their wits end down there and still in admin. the manager players and office staff have not been paid for 9 months.

tuesday we are at home to premier swansea in the cup as we beat derby 3-2 away. today derby won their 4th game in a row and are top of the championship. best of luck next saturday

13. RWSpartan

RWSpartan New Member

Welcome Gus, I agree that we can only improve! but that there is a danger that heads will go down, especially if the crowd start to get on the players backs. I hope not, and certainly at the Rotherham match, the support was good. Long may that remain so.

14. RWSpartan

RWSpartan New Member

Sorry Folks, it's just too quiet here, especially from a Crewe Fans perspective, Gus & DFP try the Crewe Mad Forum, it's OK once you get used to some of the more 'senior' members,( who can be a tad aggressive...but also very funny at times and there are quite a few 'old' 606ers on it!

Atcham, sorry mate, just not enough Crewe fans on here to make it worthwhile as a regular viewing. Best of Luck to your lot....are you getting nosebleeds up there!:wink: