1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Glass Half Full (for now!)

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 2, 2015.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Before the Leeds turnaround I was, I admit, getting a but nervous, but to be honest now that the 2 new signings are in place I feel a whole lot better.

In fact, I feel so much better now than I would have done if either the Gray or the Gayle transfer had actually happened. Had those gone through then I would have REALLY been worried - about both money and the dressing-room harmony.

We are NOT the finished article - and losing games will always hurt, but from what I have seen so far (admittedly only TV highlights) and heard or read in the various reports - including some respectful words from Sean Dyche (who's team was only a few months ago playing in the Prem), I think we have nothing to fear from this league and it is only a matter of weeks before we begin to climb the table - especially with our strengthened defence.

We will also have Freeman back for the Birmingham game. I think we have missed his creativity.

We were miles better than Preston and MK last season - and yet they have made a respectable start. The standard is undoubtedly higher in the Championship than L1 as one would expect, but I am not convinced that it should be described as a 'gulf' - I think that a combination of poor preparation (ie lack of signings) and bad luck have flattered this league.

I think the Codger will start scoring soon - can't wait for the Birmingham game now !!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Agree with nearly all of this but we can't go on blaming back luck for another 41 games. We have to man up and sort out the issues like the 2 goals we conceded at home last week.

Hopefully the 2 new lads will know how to mark opposing defenders at corners.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Get yourself some new balls City, but don't do a New England Patriots trick and let some of the air of the ball, and don't deflate our simple expectations. It doesn't look from afar that our ship is anywhere close to the finished article so let's hope we can fix what we have, or even better, trade up to a luxury yacht.